Dan DeKeyser

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
I haven't heard even a whisper about the Habs pursuing ANY college players. Don't know if they are or not, just haven't heard of them going after them.

I was wondering this myself.

crystal ball

Mar 30, 2007
I haven't heard even a whisper about the Habs pursuing ANY college players. Don't know if they are or not, just haven't heard of them going after them.

I was wondering this myself.

Considering that college UFAs are basically found money, I'd be surprised if Bergevin wasn't at least considering something. DeKeyzer sounds like just the kind of big, steady defensive defenseman who could take some of the sting out of watching McDonagh in a Rangers sweater.

habsrock76

Sep 21, 2006
Ottawa
I dont think the Habs are high on any of these college free agent defencemen's lists.

On top of all the usual reasons for FA's not coming here a quick peak at our depth chart indicates they'll have more oppurtunities elsewhere.

Regardless the college FA's arent supposed to be very strong this year...but that doesnt stop the media from hyping them up a bit.

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
Considering that college UFAs are basically found money, I'd be surprised if Bergevin wasn't at least considering something. DeKeyzer sounds like just the kind of big, steady defensive defenseman who could take some of the sting out of watching McDonagh in a Rangers sweater.

College FA's can be nice finds, but I find they get crazy hype at times. Toronto for Burke's 3 years signed a pile of them plus Gustavsson and a few more FA Euros and other than Bozak they have largely been flops. Another issue is some want immediate NHL ice time so they burn a contract year and get to RFA sooner. That is much easier for weaker/lower ranked team like TB or Buffalo for example to offer.

That being said, like any other source of talent I would hope the Habs hockey staff would be agressive on it trying to improve the team's depth up front and in nets. Given the depth of prospects on defense I doubt DeKeyser's agents would recoimmend Montreal but worth a shot anyways.

Leon Lucius Black

Nov 5, 2007
DeKeyser probably wants to go somewhere where there is little depth/competion on defense.. most of these college guys go places where they will have a better opportunity to play now and in the future so they go to teams that lack depth (for example Bozak, Scrivens, Hanson etc to Toronto) With Tinordi, Beaulieu, Pateryn, Ellis, Dietz, Thrower, Bennett etc he'll have lots of competition here in the future.

bcv

My french sucks.
Sep 18, 2010
That's why goalie FA should be interested in playing here. Sign Eric Hartzel!!

Marc the Habs Fan

Nov 30, 2002
Longueuil
Lots of people feel DeKeyser is ready to play now. He's got the size our D needs and seems to be more of a stay-at-home type.

If we could somehow sign him, it's like making a trade to bolster the club.

Nitehowl

Jul 28, 2005
BC Canada
Lots of people feel DeKeyser is ready to play now. He's got the size our D needs and seems to be more of a stay-at-home type.

If we could somehow sign him, it's like making a trade to bolster the club.

MB seems like BlueJays AA ...everything is kept quiet till it happens.... I am also hoping Habs are looking at these guys .. we need to increase our organization's depth any way we can

Agnostic

11 Stanley Cups
Jun 24, 2007
This is what MB should be hunting while the other GM's are out chasing deadline day scraps.

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
This is what MB should be hunting while the other GM's are out chasing deadline day scraps.

MB should be doing both. He should be agressive on NCAA FA's(Laganiere and maybe a goalie) and also for a low cost "under the radar" addition. Sometimes the best deadline additions are not the biggest names.

dreamingofdrouin*

i don't really know alot of these college guys....what does this dekeyser guy project to be...and langainere (spelt wrong probly) could he fit in somewhere...is he gonna be a top six eventually or bottom?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad