News Article: Dan Bickley out at the Arizona Republic

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
I love how the Republic story includes Bickley-bashing social media responses. Well, actually, I don't love it because that's hella unprofessional of them, but this is the media world we live in now.

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
This is just Gannett cutting back even more on local payroll in favor of canned reporting. Welcome to the new “USAToday” Republic.

Bickley will be reporting full time over at ArizonaSports.com now.

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
And Mike Jurecki is out. Too bad as he has a better feel for the Cardinals than Bickley, by far.

Reactions: Jakey53

Dolemite

The one...the only...
Sponsor
May 4, 2004
Washington DC
I love how the Republic story includes Bickley-bashing social media responses. Well, actually, I don't love it because that's hella unprofessional of them, but this is the media world we live in now.

His articles were the equivalent of a monkey throwing a pile of crap on the wall and then submitting it to be published. He’s a hack.

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
His articles were the equivalent of a monkey throwing a pile of crap on the wall and then submitting it to be published. He’s a hack.

This is all true - but what makes me uncomfortable is the Republic basically backdoor-bashing him on the way out. A crappy move from a crappy media outlet.

BigMac1212

I feel...alone.
Jun 12, 2003
Sun Devil Country
And nothing of value was lost.

You a Linkara from "Atop the Fourth Wall" fan? Because that's the only guy I know of that uses "And nothing of value was lost" line.

I don't know much of Bickley, so I'm a bit tepid of making snap judgments. I will say that the Arizona Republic/AZCentral.Com joining forces with USA Today seems like several steps backward. If I wanted USA Today, I would GET USA Today.

Summer Rose

Red Like Roses
Sponsor
May 3, 2012
Gainesville, Florida
You a Linkara from "Atop the Fourth Wall" fan? Because that's the only guy I know of that uses "And nothing of value was lost" line.

I don't know much of Bickley, so I'm a bit tepid of making snap judgments. I will say that the Arizona Republic/AZCentral.Com joining forces with USA Today seems like several steps backward. If I wanted USA Today, I would GET USA Today.

I have no idea what that is, so we'll go with no on that one. :laugh:

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
I can’t even get the two papers each week I pay for.

Got a new delivery person and they keep skipping my house. :mad:
Had a similar ongoing experience I'll share for giggles.
Called repeatedly asking why I'm not getting the product I was paying for. They'll take care of it. Don't worry. They'll take care of it. For four weeks or so. Finally cancelled when they wouldn't refund me the month but offered like a month's worth of the back issues I'd missed. lol No. Then they called afterward and asked if I'd been getting the paper. Said, no, I cancelled last week. "Well, you should be getting it now. We'll take care of it. No, I cancelled last week. Then the paper arrives everyday for the next two weeks (I only subscribed Wed & Sun). THEN I get billed! Hahahaha No. Nope. No way. Called again. Told them I'd be contesting the charge as I'd cancelled the previous month. Still got Sun&Wed papers for about another month, but didn't get billed. Got a call offering a promotion for renewal a couple months later. I actually laughed out loud.
It's too bad you can't order just the Sun-Wed ads from somewhere. No interest in spending my money on the AZRepugnant. Garrett Corp news is all over the place without subscription. Actual local coverage is essentially nil, even in sports coverage.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad