Dan Bickley Is A Complete Idiot; The Media Coverage Of The Coyotes Thread

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
Bickley and Gambo do have one thing in common, the competition was too tough for them to succeed in the big cities. They're both big shots here but would have been afterthoughts in Chicago and NYC.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Bickley and Gambo do have one thing in common, the competition was too tough for them to succeed in the big cities. They're both big shots here but would have been afterthoughts in Chicago and NYC.

Are they big shots here?

Nobody reads Bickley articles and they have zero weight. Gambo is propped up by his station.

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
Gambo's schtick works because he is obviously a fan first. Most of his obnoxiousness is cloaked in his "everyfan" delivery. It's just eyeroll inducing at times, but he embraces what he is.
Bickley knows far less than Gambo (who hardly knows hockey) and pretends he is the highest of authority speaking down to the masses. He's never had a nice thing to say about the Coyotes. He is always dismissive. To now pretend he feels bad for Coyotes fans is just a pretty transparent excuse to again mount his high horse.

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
Bickley's whining on the show this afternoon was legendary. Says that anyone who thinks Tippett overstayed his welcome is delusional. Proudly pointed to Tippett's "analytics before analytics existed," and how brilliant Tippett's system of ignoring numbers in favor of his personal eye test was. Oh, and also that he won't be a fan of the team unless they go and sign Alex Ovechkin.

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
Bickley's whining on the show this afternoon was legendary. Says that anyone who thinks Tippett overstayed his welcome is delusional. Proudly pointed to Tippett's "analytics before analytics existed," and how brilliant Tippett's system of ignoring numbers in favor of his personal eye test was. Oh, and also that he won't be a fan of the team unless they go and sign Alex Ovechkin.

He was saying the Ovi thing tongue in cheek, I hope.

Tad Mikowski

Hail to the King Baby
Sponsor
May 31, 2012
Phoenix, AZ
Gambo Ripping all the deals today too. what do you people want? they should just stop talking hockey because its obvious they have no clue what they are talking about

0point1

Sep 14, 2011
Arizona
Gambo Ripping all the deals today too. what do you people want? they should just stop talking hockey because its obvious they have no clue what they are talking about

They are perfectly happy with the Yotes finishing in the bottom three every year as long as their favorite stuck around.

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
John Rambodoro considers himself a friend of Doan and has been riding to his defense.

0point1

Sep 14, 2011
Arizona
We all love Doan but change happens... especially in pro-sports and especially when getting older and no longer performing nearly as well as before.

You can love Doan and be unhappy with what happened but this acting like an emotional 3 year old complaining about not being able to eat ice cream for dinner is ridiculous.

Same goes for Tippett, Smith, and whatever pisses these people off.

azcanuck

Jan 14, 2014
chandler az
http://www.azcentral.com/story/spor...ne-doan-arizona-coyotes-free-agent/410880001/

Capitals close to a championship? :shakehead The Capitals haven't made it to the Eastern Conference Finals with their current core. Chicago a great hockey town? :shakehead Chicago is a great Cubs town and even the Blackhawks large bandwagon presence in that city doesn't compare to the size of the real Cubs fans in Chicago. It's better to say that Doan should sign with the Penguins seeing they have won 2 straight cups and still have their team in tack.

Chicago is a great hockey town lets not kid anyone. They are very popular there as are the Cubs. I know hard to believe living here cities can actually support their sports. And the Hawks are perennial favorites for the Cup.

The Caps I would stay away from . But they did have the most points in the league last year so it can be argued they are close.

I'd be surprised if any team close to the cup was interested in Doan. He's done.

MisterPurple

Jun 24, 2017
Chicago is a great hockey town lets not kid anyone. They are very popular there as are the Cubs. I know hard to believe living here cities can actually support their sports. And the Hawks are perennial favorites for the Cup.

The Caps I would stay away from . But they did have the most points in the league last year so it can be argued they are close.

I'd be surprised if any team close to the cup was interested in Doan. He's done.

They were literally last in attendance less than a decade ago, before they started winning, LAST! They are front-runners, no more loyal than anyone else.

AZviaNJ

“Sure as shit want to F*** Coyote fans.”
Mar 31, 2011
AZ

The Hawks are perennial favorites for the Cup is a BIG reason for the fan support. Chicago was 29th in attendance in both 2005-2006 and 2006-2007.

Chicago is a Cubs and Bears town. They're fair weather fans when it comes to hockey as attendance figures illustrate.

ClassLessCoyote

Staying classy
Jun 10, 2009
Bickley says Suns fans deserve better. I don't think he's ever said that Coyotes fans deserve better.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad