Signing(s): Dan Bailey to Vikings

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
As I said in the other thread, this is excellent news and it had to be done. Hopefully Carlson can get right and catch on elsewhere but he couldn't stay in Minnesota.

Zim isn't one for sugarcoating.

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
Be curious whether he can stay healthy. Bit surprised Dallas let him go.
Bailey was pretty bad last season after his injury and wasn't good in camp this year.

But .... kickers can go from losing it to gaining it overnight. He's the kind of guy who could very easily get it back together and put together another few very awesome seasons.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
I mean, it's not even close to Aguayo, but the Vikings traded up in the 5th to take Carlson.
Majority of kickers go from team to team. Of the 32 kickers who are still with heir original nfl team that either drafted them or signed him out of college? 1/4 I think.

Tucker, gostkowski, Gonzalez, zeurlin, Crosby, and a few more.

Most are on their 3rd team.

Every team hopes to land a tucker. But the reality is that kickers likely need to go through the ups and downs of the mental part to be a consistent kicker.

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
Kicker is such a crazy position. There is next to no margin for error, and teams have zero tolerance for mistakes because they'll just go right on to the next guy. Just from a fantasy perspective, I always found it funny when you'd draft a guy because you know the name and know he's been consistent and then all of a sudden he gets cut before the season starts. You're like, "Wait, what? He missed a couple kicks in preseason and now they're going with some rookie or other unknown guy?"

And then you get something like this with Carlson. Highly touted kicker that the Vikings traded up to get, and then 2 games into his career he's now arguably unemployable. To be fair, something was CLEARLY up with him, you can't just miss to the right by a longshot all 3 times with no adjustment and not pin it on something that looks to be a mental concern. But still, just imagine having one bad day at work and you're gone forever in that line of work.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad