damonster's GM Game #1 (1 Teams Left)

DKQ

Generic User Title
Jun 17, 2012
Press Box
@Real_ESPNLeBrun

Hearing Flames could be moving a top six winger as well as a role player to acquire a young center with size in the near future

@DarrenDreger

Was just told Flames could play a part in having two brothers reunited under one club. More to follow

@TSNBobMackenzie

Flames appear to have two substantial offers on the table in their efforts to acquire a #1 C. One appears to be quite the blockbuster, possibly a third team involved

minion

Oct 6, 2008
Lincoln NE
To save everyone aggravation...

I will stop fighting the Zetterberg-Boyle issue.

In the future, I hope everyone, regardless of their mood or frustration level, trades in good faith. Do not say you are having a "firesale" then calm down and want the decision reversed. Do not add in extras, such as a NTC, that do not exist according to capgeek. Players from my team were moved for cap issues, and other trades delayed or declined. I'm sorry if you lost out on a free agent bid, but trading away your team in anger then expecting it all to be reversed when you have calmed down is not right. Yes, I know the trade was a horrible one, but it was still one agreed upon. Joke or not, bottom line is Wings said yes.

NYR will retain Boyle, and give up any claim on Zetterberg.

New roster posted, cap figures to be calculated later (when I'm not so tired)

Last edited:

KuralySnipes

Jan 7, 2011
Arlington, VA
@DarrenDreger 1:15 AM
it's been a difficult day for Boston, but they have made a trade. Boston trades spects Cross + Soderberg Boston gets Matt Cullen. Official announcement coming at 130 am edt

@HackswithHaggs 1:17 AM
The bruins could finally make a 3 way trade tomorrow, but this time involving NYR, and ANA, but we thought the CGY/ANA/BOS 3 way would've been done thurs afternoon. So stay tuned.

DKQ

Generic User Title
Jun 17, 2012
Press Box
**********TRADE ANNOUNCEMENT**************

After having a relatively quiet Thursday, the Calgary Flames start friday off with a bang. We are pleased to announce that we have traded

Detroit+Red+Wings+v+Anaheim+Ducks+gGfBNwjghljl.jpg

Jiri Hudler
Joey Crabb

to the Florida Panthers in exchange for

hill-murray_20vs_20blaine_083_1201587219084850_large.jpg

Nick Bjugstad
Michael Houser

We believe Nick to be an incredibly valuable asset to our organization. With his elite size and offensive ability, as well as incredible potential, Bjugstad provides our team with a great boost.

DKQ

Generic User Title
Jun 17, 2012
Press Box
The Flames would also announce that they have come to terms on an entry-level deal with their newest player, Nick Bjugstad. The deal is valued at 2,500,000 spread over 3 years, with a $1 million dollar bonus coming each year, for an AAV of $1.833 million.

Avs44

May 16, 2011
To save everyone aggravation...

I will stop fighting the Zetterberg-Boyle issue.

In the future, I hope everyone, regardless of their mood or frustration level, trades in good faith. Do not say you are having a "firesale" then calm down and want the decision reversed. Do not add in extras, such as a NTC, that do not exist according to capgeek. Players from my team were moved for cap issues, and other trades delayed or declined. I'm sorry if you lost out on a free agent bid, but trading away your team in anger then expecting it all to be reversed when you have calmed down is not right. Yes, I know the trade was a horrible one, but it was still one agreed upon. Joke or not, bottom line is Wings said yes.

NYR will retain Boyle, and give up any claim on Zetterberg.

New roster posted, cap figures to be calculated later (when I'm not so tired)
I don't even see how this was an issue...I don't think he calmed down and realized it was awful. He was just joking around from the beginning. He traded everybody on his team for crap basically, but everyone else knew he was joking and just played along....its actually happens quite often where somebody just has fun. It was never "agreed upon" it was just all for fun. I don't see LA adding Datsyuk to his roster, or Calgary adding Howard....

minion

Oct 6, 2008
Lincoln NE
I don't even see how this was an issue...I don't think he calmed down and realized it was awful. He was just joking around from the beginning. He traded everybody on his team for crap basically, but everyone else knew he was joking and just played along....its actually happens quite often where somebody just has fun. It was never "agreed upon" it was just all for fun. I don't see LA adding Datsyuk to his roster, or Calgary adding Howard....

then don't make deals when you're pissed off.. joke or no joke

DKQ

Generic User Title
Jun 17, 2012
Press Box
Mike Cammalleri ($6.000m) / Brandon Sutter ($2.067m) / Vladimir Tarasenko ($1.750m)
Alex Tanguay ($3.500m) / Jaden Schwartz ($1.167m) / Roman Cervenka ($3.775m)
Eric Tangradi ($3.750m) / Nick Bjugstad ($1.833m) / Cal Clutterbuck ($1.400m)
Matt Hendricks ($0.825m) / John Madden ($0.675m) / Tom Kostopoulos ($1.250m)
Lance Bouma ($0.693m) /
DEFENSEMEN
Mark Giordano ($4.020m) / Marco Scandella ($0.846m)
Alec Martinez ($0.738m) / Jeff Schultz ($2.750m)
Keith Ballard ($4.200m) / Chris Butler ($1.250m)
Anton Babchuk ($2.500m) /
GOALTENDERS
Michal Neuvirth ($1.150m)
Leland Irving ($2.500m)

I'd like people's opinions. I know my #1C situation sucks, dont worry I've been on the phones all day about that one. Other than that, I'd like to know what you guys think

KuralySnipes

Jan 7, 2011
Arlington, VA
Roster & Cap Hit

FORWARDS
Milan Lucic ($4.083m) / Tyler Seguin ($3.550m) / Nathan Horton ($4.000m)
Brad Marchand ($2.500m) / Patrice Bergeron ($5.000m) / Brandon Dubinsky ($4.250m)
Matt Cullen ($3.500m) / Chris Kelly ($3.000m) / Jordan Caron ($1.100m)
Daniel Paille ($1.300m) /Gregory Campbell ($1.600m) / Shawn Thornton ($1.100m)

DEFENSEMEN
Zdeno Chara ($6.917m) / Dennis Seidenberg ($3.250m)
Dion Phaneuf ($6.500m) / Dougie Hamilton ($1.494m)
Adam McQuaid ($1.567m) / Andrew Ference ($2.250m)
Torey Krug ($1.704m) /

GOALTENDERS
Tuukka Rask ($3.500m)
Anton Khudobin ($0.875m)

BUYOUTS
Patrick Eaves ($0.258m)
------
CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)
(these totals are compiled without the bonus cushion)
SALARY CAP: $70,200,000; CAP PAYROLL: $62,298,333; BONUSES: $3,912,500
CAP SPACE (20-man roster): $5,901,667

I'd like opinions on my roster :)

KuralySnipes

Jan 7, 2011
Arlington, VA
Mike Cammalleri ($6.000m) / Brandon Sutter ($2.067m) / Vladimir Tarasenko ($1.750m)
Alex Tanguay ($3.500m) / Jaden Schwartz ($1.167m) / Roman Cervenka ($3.775m)
Eric Tangradi ($3.750m) / Nick Bjugstad ($1.833m) / Cal Clutterbuck ($1.400m)
Matt Hendricks ($0.825m) / John Madden ($0.675m) / Tom Kostopoulos ($1.250m)
Lance Bouma ($0.693m) /
DEFENSEMEN
Mark Giordano ($4.020m) / Marco Scandella ($0.846m)
Alec Martinez ($0.738m) / Jeff Schultz ($2.750m)
Keith Ballard ($4.200m) / Chris Butler ($1.250m)
Anton Babchuk ($2.500m) /
GOALTENDERS
Michal Neuvirth ($1.150m)
Leland Irving ($2.500m)

I'd like people's opinions. I know my #1C situation sucks, dont worry I've been on the phones all day about that one. Other than that, I'd like to know what you guys think

I don't think you make the playoffs but I think you'll be a good team in 3 years

DKQ

Generic User Title
Jun 17, 2012
Press Box
Roster & Cap Hit

FORWARDS
Milan Lucic ($4.083m) / Tyler Seguin ($3.550m) / Nathan Horton ($4.000m)
Brad Marchand ($2.500m) / Patrice Bergeron ($5.000m) / Brandon Dubinsky ($4.250m)
Matt Cullen ($3.500m) / Chris Kelly ($3.000m) / Jordan Caron ($1.100m)
Daniel Paille ($1.300m) /Gregory Campbell ($1.600m) / Shawn Thornton ($1.100m)

DEFENSEMEN
Zdeno Chara ($6.917m) / Dennis Seidenberg ($3.250m)
Dion Phaneuf ($6.500m) / Dougie Hamilton ($1.494m)
Adam McQuaid ($1.567m) / Andrew Ference ($2.250m)
Torey Krug ($1.704m) /

GOALTENDERS
Tuukka Rask ($3.500m)
Anton Khudobin ($0.875m)

BUYOUTS
Patrick Eaves ($0.258m)
------
CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)
(these totals are compiled without the bonus cushion)
SALARY CAP: $70,200,000; CAP PAYROLL: $62,298,333; BONUSES: $3,912,500
CAP SPACE (20-man roster): $5,901,667

I'd like opinions on my roster :)

Not as strong a team as the 2011-2012 edition in the forward category, but much better on the blue-line. Finally have some offensive ability back there, although it is Phaneuf so it's questionable

KuralySnipes

Jan 7, 2011
Arlington, VA
Not as strong a team as the 2011-2012 edition in the forward category, but much better on the blue-line. Finally have some offensive ability back there, although it is Phaneuf so it's questionable

Only forwards i got rid of were Krejci and Peverley, an I added Cullen (20 goal scorer) and Dubinsky (25+ goal scorer)

DKQ

Generic User Title
Jun 17, 2012
Press Box
Chiarelli got rid of Pouliot for you as well. Pouliot-Kelly-Peverley was one of the best third lines in the league last year. And I don't buy Dubi as a top six forward

KuralySnipes

Jan 7, 2011
Arlington, VA
BostonGlobe_logo.gif

RECCHI REPLACEMENT ACQUIRED IN MATT CULLEN
matt-cullen.jpg

BOSTON-- The Bruins have been working the phones with Calgary, and Anaheim for a long time now, we all know that. Even the Rangers are now a rumored trading partner. But the Bruins , who have been reportedly "frustrated" with the Rick Nash negotiations, and seemed to officially drop out this morning, acquired there Mark Recchi replacement that they have been looking for forever. Matt Cullen is younger than Recchi was when he joined the Bruins at the 2010 trade deadline, and has won a Stanley Cup on the 2006 Carolina Hurricanes team (guess the similarity there, the team included Rex). The 200 pound forward will play with Chris Kelly, and probably Brandon Dubinsky on the 3rd line this year. Cullen can score 15 goals easily with this lineup and could get to 20 goals. Cullen's career high in goal scoring is 25, in 2008-09 with Carolina. To get Matt, the Bruins traded a good young prospect in Tommy Cross and a prospect that will probably never come to North America in Carl Soderberg. "We didn't think we could get [Cullen]" CupChamps2011 said in an interview early Friday morning. "Minnesota wants fresh new blood on there team after alot of big moves they have made this offseason." he continues. "We were ecstatic to get him for Carl Soderberg which we've had problems with , and Cross who will be a fine NHL player one day. Cullen has 195 career goals, 340 assists, and has notched 535 points in his 8-year NHL career.

Bruins current trade situation

After backing out of the Rick Nash sweepstakes late Thursday night officialy, the Bruins have reportedly kicked the tires on Marian Gaborik, and Daniel Girardi of the New York Rangers. Corey Perry has been linked to the Bruins in many ways, but Jimmy Murphy at ESPN is reporting that Perry would go to New York in the trade. Patrick Hornquivst has been linked to the Bruins for days now, and Boston is reportedly hoping to get a deal done for Hornquivst on Friday. According to Darren Dreger of a canadian sports network TSN, the Bruins offered Dougie Hamilton, Brandon Dubinsky, and top prospect Alexander Kokolachev for Nash. "The common fibe around the NHL is that Columbus' asking price on Nash is extremely over priced for a singer that has asked for a trade." said Scott Burnside of ESPN.com. "Vancouver remains a top suitor for Nash, and there aren't many other teams that have offered big time offers." he continues.

KuralySnipes

Jan 7, 2011
Arlington, VA
anyways huge news in Boston.

Tuukka Rask, and Milan Lucic on the trading block!!

Rask's asking price: elite 35 goal scorer + very good starter
Lucic's asking price: top line winger+ top 4 defenseman

The Produce Man

Master of Puppets
Feb 24, 2003
Victoria
Visit site
The LA kings have made two deals

First is Clifford and Drewskie to Colorado for Matt D'Agostini

Second is Loktionov + Fraser + 3rd to Minny for Torrey Mitchell

The kings are very happy to solidify there bottom 6!

The Kings also send Westgarth to the AHL ( hes on a 2way)

:avs confirm.

We felt this was a very good trade for us. D'Agostini is an offensive minded player who was stuck on our bottom lines due to depth. Clifford is a much better fit in that role. He fights, hits, agitates, and is the type of player you hate on the opposition, but love if he's on your team.

Drewskie adds some depth to our defense, but our priority remains searching for a top 6 winger and top 4 defender.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad