Value of: Damon Severson to Winnipeg

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
Lollercoaster

I'm just answering the OP. There's no reason for the Devils to trade Severson. If they were, to Winnipeg, the ask would likely include Morrissey. Not saying it's fair value at all, not saying it would ever happen. Just saying what the Devils would likely want.

Xirik

Sep 24, 2014
Alberta
one of your top prospect wingers (Vesalainen) or top defensive prospects (Heinola, Niku) and a 2020 2nd.

I'm not as high on Severson as the Devils fan above me.

NjdevilfanJim

Jan 26, 2020
What do you think the value would be. I think he could fit on Jets blue line. What would NJ want in return.
Too much I believe.....Sevs has had a rough month and lot of Devil fans don't like him....but he is close to a 40 pt player and a young RHD with term....can skate and do it all....the Devils are weak on the left side and this hurts him no doubt.....He is only 25 so I think he fits their timeline of a retool.....

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
one of your top prospect wingers (Vesalainen) or top defensive prospects (Heinola, Niku) and a 2020 2nd.

I'm not as high on Severson as the Devils fan above me.

This doesn't have to do with being high on Severson. This is Severson being our leading defenseman in CF%, xGF%, and SCF%. By most metrics he's our best defenseman. He's 25, which fits in well with our current timeline and is on a good contract.

This is not wanting to trade away our best defenseman for prospects and picks.

Rhodes 81

grit those teeth
Nov 22, 2008
Atlanta
Severson is the only proven d-man on the Devil's roster that is
A.) Capable of playing as a #2/#3
B.) Under 30
And C.) Signed past this season

And the only prospect in the system with a ceiling that could reasonably be considered higher is Ty Smith, who hasn't played an NHL game yet.

The Devils cannot trade Severson without either re-signing Vatanen or getting a younger d with first pairing potential back. Since Severson alone probably isn't worth someone like that, he won't be traded. Better asset management is to get what they can for Vatanen and hold on to Severson.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad