Ontario
in my honest opinion, he should have been there all year

imagine if Morin and Skinner stayed too

yikes!

Raging Bull

Present
Jan 25, 2004
Hamilton, ONT
Hope he lights it up. He still played pretty decently with the Marlies even though he was in way over his head. The numbers weren't there but his coaches loved him.

Zrinski

Oct 10, 2010
In the offseason wasn't he saying he refused to come play in Canada if he was in the OHL?

Ah well, I'm in Kitchener so looking forward to seeing him play.

Torts

Aug 21, 2009
Ontario
Hope he lights it up. He still played pretty decently with the Marlies even though he was in way over his head. The numbers weren't there but his coaches loved him.

no matter how good a player
it will take a couple games maybe even more to get aclimated with coaching, new teammates, new linemates, playing style

i could see just hitting his stride before playoffs

Kitchener vs Missy OHL Finals??????

JSilvius*

no matter how good a player
it will take a couple games maybe even more to get aclimated with coaching, new teammates, new linemates, playing style

i could see just hitting his stride before playoffs

Kitchener vs Missy OHL Finals??????

Saginaw is pretty stacked, I'm sure they'd have something to say about that.

ORYX

Mar 2, 2008
He adds a lot to a Kitchener team that didnt have the prospects/picks to make a deal worth making at the deadline.

I agree, he probably wont hit his stride with the Rangers until after a couple weeks, but with him playing the wing with Akeson (GP:46, G:17, A:60, P:77) at center and Landeskog (GP:32, G:25, A:20) it might not take much to get him rolling.

He is a tremendous talent, and I think should have been in Junior all year playing with these players.

I dont doubt that he can do well, but he doesnt want to be in Kitchener, so I hope that doesnt affect his play or desire to win with the Rangers.

SuperSaiyanBeastmode

May 20, 2010
Ontario
I really wanna know if he does have some offensive upside and hopefully this stint in the ohl shows us flashes of it! just looked at his profile and realized **** he is built like a tank 213lbs at 5'11. him and landeskog are going to destroy the competition, 90% of league doesn't even have a chance to beat them on the boards:laugh:. (don't know if that's even close... but an estimate:D )

edit: has a goal and assist in his first game

Last edited:

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
I see Landeskog got the assist on the last goal...you say it was a tip in?

BenchedGuy

Nov 26, 2009
Kitchener
Looked like he was on the 2nd PP unit and the 1st PK unit tonight as well. Looked ok defensively to start. A little slow out of the gate tonight but picked it up in the second and third. Had a new linemate for a bit of the 2nd and all of the 3rd period as well. The slow start was somewhat to be expected with the AHL Allstar break layoff and not skating for a few days.

All in all though great start with the 1 G and 1 A and the special teams effort. See what he brings Sunday after having a full practice in tomorrow.

hockeystick89

Oct 30, 2009
Can anyone who follows the Rangers give us an update on how he's fairing so far? I understand he put up 3 apples tonight, but any comments on how is game is shaping up?

MoreMogilny

Cap'n
Jul 5, 2009
Oshawa
3GP 2G 5A 7P so far.

I haven't seen any games that he has played there though so i can't comment on anything but statistics.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->