WWE: Damien Sandow

Android 16

Jun 23, 2011
Florida
What ever happened to him? I used to love him as the intellectual a hole heel. Then he got over as a face to some degree, but I guess was never taken seriously by the company or the fans. Anyone have any insight into what his future will be? I miss Sandow on the show. He was entertaining at least.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
It all started when he ambushed Cena... and then cashed in... and lost. And people claimed it would be the best thing that happened to his career.

And then he quickly fell off the card and became a stunt double for The Miz and lost that program and has now disappeared since Hogan was let go.

I honestly don't know if he'll be prominently featured anytime soon, if ever again. With the NXT talents coming up, unless the brand split happens, I just don't see it. It sucks, because he's talented.

Balance

Jesus loves you!
May 20, 2013
I remember when he was getting a solid push on smackdown and beating a lot of guys clean.

Then WWE put him with Rhodes which was pretty good. Pretty much after that they tried to bury him and he still was a little over.

Eventually they just kept him off TV and decreased his relevance from pointless storylines to no story at all.

S A W F T*

If he would have just stopped getting over organically, this never would have happened!

Thx Vince

17futurecap

Oct 8, 2008
NJ
Believe Meltzer said on one of shows recently they were annoyed with him after they gave him MITB and he stopped working out, something like that.

Big Poppa Puck

HF's Villain
Dec 8, 2009
D-Boss' Dungeon
What ever happened to him? I used to love him as the intellectual a hole heel. Then he got over as a face to some degree, but I guess was never taken seriously by the company or the fans. Anyone have any insight into what his future will be? I miss Sandow on the show. He was entertaining at least.

He got over as a heel so he got buried by Cena.

Then he got over by himself again and turned **** into gold playing dress up/being Miz's stunt double and when he was supposedly done with the imitation **** he became Macho Mandow which got ruined by Hogan.

The Intellectual Savior of the Masses was amazing. He needs to go back to that.

Virtanen18

SAMCRO
Jan 25, 2014
Vancouver
Lol the "losing to Cena is a huge push for him" stuff was awful. Totally ended the guy. He beat the hell out of Cena and attacked his injured arm badly, yet still ended up losing to Super Cena. I remember I just turned my TV off and walked away from that Raw.

Fish on The Sand

Untouchable
Feb 28, 2002
Canada
Remember when he was white hot not once but twice.........

Miz/Mizdow was awesome. They played off each other so well. They ended the feud in such a lame way. They should have had Miz carry the IC title into Wrestlemania and then have Sandow win it off him there. I realize that means no DB ladder match win, but they could have come up with something else just as big.

Megahab

Apr 30, 2009
Toronto
If I remember correctly, he was getting buried a month or two before the Cena match. It's not the Cena match itself that buried him.

KesselBuiltMyHotrod

Aug 2, 2005
MA
If I remember correctly, he was getting buried a month or two before the Cena match. It's not the Cena match itself that buried him.

That's what they do to everyone who wins MitB. But the Cena match killed him dead until he miraculously got the Mizdow gimmick over.

George Binks

#MakeAnaheimGr8Again
Jul 28, 2012
Lol the "losing to Cena is a huge push for him" stuff was awful. Totally ended the guy. He beat the hell out of Cena and attacked his injured arm badly, yet still ended up losing to Super Cena. I remember I just turned my TV off and walked away from that Raw.

I remember being at that one :laugh:

Falco Lombardi

Nov 17, 2011
St. Louis, MO
Yeah he had lost in the program with Cody Rhodes following Cody's face turn at MITB but that should have led into a World Title feud when Sandow cashed in.

Instead Sandow went nowhere and Rhodes went into that awesome Shield/Brotherhood feud that ultimately fizzled out into Stardust somehow.

TNT87

Jun 23, 2010
PA
Yet another wrestler that could have been so much more if WWE didn't **** it up.

They blew the payoff with him and Miz.

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
I still see him popping up on UpUpDownDown videos, and most of those are shot backstage at where ever their wrestling that night for what ever show (Raw, Smackdown, Main Event) So he's still around backstage and showing up. I think creative just has absolutely nothing for him, unless a repackage is coming

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Sandow, Barrett, Wyatt, and Miz should just form a group. They've been digging out of the John Cena hole for a while and have not yet recovered. Maybe sprinkle Rusev in there, too.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad