Damien Cox (Toronto Star) tweets during Jets/Lightning game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hank Chinaski

May 29, 2007
YFO
He's just like Skip Bayless to me. I really couldn't give a crap what he says. He provides zero insight into the game. I can get the exact same information from someone at a bus shelter.

Whoa, whoa, whoa. Let's not go nuts here. ;)

What's funny is that at least guttersludge like Bayless and Jay Mariotti have honed their craft as trolls. Cox doesn't strike me as someone who really has that schtick down, he just comes across as a smug ***** and nothing more.

Edgar Halliwax

aka Marvin Candle
Sep 23, 2011
Winnipeg
I know from watching him spout off for years on round table discussion shows like TSN the Reporters that he is an incredibly smug, dismissive, bald ******. You could always tell that even his fellow panellists found him insufferable.
Neither as insightful nor witty as his contemporary Steve Simmons, though he naturally must believe he is.

No need to bring Scott Taylor into the discussion :sarcasm:

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
He's a respected sports columnist with 42,000 followers and does NOT post humorous or satirical tweets like Bruce Arthur or Down Goes Brown.

He's a what? :laugh:

He is the definition of a troll. Especially in today's media landscape. His niche is being ignorant and stupid. He says blatantly stupid things simply to get a reaction.

Listen to him an PTS (I hate that I am forced to listen to him, but PTS is still great in spite of him). The plain dumb **** he says is just incomprehensible.

I remember him saying that he "didn't see anything different" when the Blue Jays unveiled their new uniforms.

He plays stupid to get a rise out of people. By paying even the slightest bit of attention to him you are just rewarding him.

I immediately un-follow anybody on twitter if they re-tweet something of his. If you follow Cox, it tells me that you are too stupid to use twitter.

Savagestevo

Nov 29, 2011
Pretty sure Cox is the same guy who said that Kadri was never on the table for the Canucks in a Luongo trade and then months later said the Canucks must be now kicking themselves for not taking Kadri when they had the chance. :laugh:

Gryph

Apr 3, 2009
Winnipeg
Jets fan now, but lived in Toronto for 20 years and followed the team closely. This guy is a complete tool. Typical Toronto hockey writer who spews ridiculous nonsense in order to get attention in a saturated media industry. He does the same things with the Leafs and drives fans off the wall. Don't worry about this idiot, but try reading some of his tweets regarding fighting in hockey...pretty funny stuff.

Johnny HFBOARDS

Trade you!
Dec 10, 2011
Earth
Still better than Lawless.... LOL, Kidding; I have no clue why people hate Lawless and have even less of clue why anyone would care what some Cox guy with a social media account says.

How's high school now days there, maybe someone should tell teh teacher?

I think it's funny when so called Media trashes something, keep'em coming Toronto, need some material for my next Tabloid issue.

allan5oh

Has prospect fever
Oct 15, 2011
He writes for possibly the worst newspaper in Canada, of course he's jealous.

Lux Aurumque*

Due to Cheveldayoff's lack of actually performing a GM's duties, this team is hardly different from the team that played in Atlanta during the 2010-2011 season (18 guys remaining on active roster and IR). Hence Cox calling the team the Thrashers.

Potrzebie

Mar 25, 2010
Due to Cheveldayoff's lack of actually performing a GM's duties, this team is hardly different from the team that played in Atlanta during the 2010-2011 season (18 guys remaining on active roster and IR). Hence Cox calling the team the Thrashers.

5 days later and that's all ya got?

Lux Aurumque*

5 days later and that's all ya got?

That's all there is to it. The team has the same bad habits, same players, similar system (John Anderson style), etc.

I'm one of the very few people left on these boards who supported both the Thrashers and the Jets. I'm sure the others will agree with me when I say that the only things different about this team are fan support, the team name and the jerseys.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010

I see we are still beating the Dudley drum are we Canadian Airlines.

Le Golie

Jul 4, 2002
That's all there is to it. The team has the same bad habits, same players, similar system (John Anderson style), etc.

I'm one of the very few people left on these boards who supported both the Thrashers and the Jets. I'm sure the others will agree with me when I say that the only things different about this team are fan support, the team name and the jerseys.

Hey Spencer Machacek has 0 goals, 2 assists and is a -3 in 7 games with his new minor league team, want to bump the thread where you called for Chevy to be fired for trading him away?

You're just a Chevy troll, your obsession with it causes you to disguise yourself as a Jets fan... that's just weird behaviour.

Lux Aurumque*

Hey Spencer Machacek has 0 goals, 2 assists and is a -3 in 7 games with his new minor league team, want to bump the thread where you called for Chevy to be fired for trading him away?

You're just a Chevy troll, your obsession with it causes you to disguise yourself as a Jets fan... that's just weird behaviour.

I said it was just one more thing to add to the list, not the exact reason. Perhaps you should actually read my posts before attempting to quote me.

You've followed this team for how long? Not even two years? I've followed it for 14 years. I think my loyalty to this team is unquestionable. I own four Thrashers jerseys, a Jets jersey and countless tshirts/memorabilia.

Chevy is the worst GM in the league, bar none. He inherited a brutal, non-playoff team and has not made a single attempt to improve it. The guys he has added (Jokinen, Meech, Peluso, Jones, Glass, etc) have all been useless (with the exception of Wright).

Until Chevy makes one single move that will actually improve this team, give me back Waddell over him. Hell, give me Scott Howson over this slacker.

Puckschmuck*

You've followed this team for how long? Not even two years? I've followed it for 14 years. I think my loyalty to this team is unquestionable. I own four Thrashers jerseys, a Jets jersey and countless tshirts/memorabilia.

That's nice, but who cares? I'm pretty ****ing tired of people who claim to have followed this team for years and years continually lording that over the newer fans heads, like it makes you better fans than us. Guess what? I does not.

Lars65

Useless Git
Sep 6, 2011
Winnipeg
I said it was just one more thing to add to the list, not the exact reason. Perhaps you should actually read my posts before attempting to quote me.

Chevy is the worst GM in the league, bar none. He inherited a brutal, non-playoff team and has not made a single attempt to improve it. The guys he has added (Jokinen, Meech, Peluso, Jones, Glass, etc) have all been useless (with the exception of Wright).

Until Chevy makes one single move that will actually improve this team, give me back Waddell over him. Hell, give me Scott Howson over this slacker.

Oh, definitely. I would have traded Antropov straight up for Crosby:sarcasm:, among other changes. Fact is Chevy inherited this team and so far (1 year) hasn't gotten the team into the playoffs. Kind of a small sample, I dare say. Waddell has been nearly universally described as a terrible GM, who almost single-handedly destroyed the Thrashers. To say that you would rather have him as GM just further feeds the argument that you're a troll.

Hank Chinaski

May 29, 2007
YFO
This thread was bumped yesterday by a visiting fan looking to troll (the post has since been deleted), now it's taken on a tangent that has nothing to do with the original topic.

This discussion can be resumed elsewhere, closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad