Post-Game Talk: Dallas v. Florida 5/3/21

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prominence Problem

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
Man a 2nd round of Carolina-Tampa, insufferable fanbase vs team legally circumvnting the rules, and then the winner likely faces the Leafs. Definitely cheering for the West this year.
How does the third round work? How is it decided who plays who?
I don't understand that, as there is two divisions mixed with traditional East and West teams

Prominence Problem

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
None of our guys have bad mask, but damn do I miss Luongo's masks.
Lu's Mask's were always pretty nice, but this one always irked me for some reason:

e3c03296fc272a61f7d01d41d1f1cbca.jpg

Cricket Green

May 1, 2021
Darn, was hoping as an American he'd do a beezer mask tribute

I for one am happy that he is a piece of history that is not promoted more heavily. Between him pouting over Kirk McLean getting the final Miami Arena start and subsequently jettisoning to Philly, and the Trevor Daley incident, im happy the beezer tributes have gone no further than Driedger's pads. Heck, add to that Fitzpatrick kicking his pregnant wife in the Keys, and we really had a pair of assholes in net back in the day, but Bobby Clarke picked them, so I guess it's no surprise.

violaswallet

Apr 8, 2019
Also guys I’m likely to take a hiatus for a few months: I’ve really appreciated the community that has developed this season. For me, it helped me keep sane during a rough time of my life (Covid in the city).

I probably spend a bit too much time online and hockey; it takes away from other parts of my life!

cheers and here to hoping for a great playoffs!

austropanther

Jul 21, 2015
Bregenz
Also guys I’m likely to take a hiatus for a few months: I’ve really appreciated the community that has developed this season. For me, it helped me keep sane during a rough time of my life (Covid in the city).

I probably spend a bit too much time online and hockey; it takes away from other parts of my life!

Interesting moment to do that since for the first time in 20 years, this team seems to be good rifht now AND has a core, coaching staff and management to be good for a few years to come... finally some good vibes coming of that team. Not going to wait until the POs are over at least?

I tried once myself to have more time with family - and to do a better job at work... -, could not stay away longer than the summer break.

Good luck, godspeed, you'll be missed!!

Cricket Green

May 1, 2021
Updated version or not, it is the original leaping cat logo. You know what is meant when saying original.

If it was the originial, it would be the original, down to the details. It is not the original. It is the new iteration of that logo. Ownership's effort to pay tribute to the past through a little-used secondary logo. But if you want to claim "victory" here, be my guest.

violaswallet

Apr 8, 2019
Interesting moment to do that since for the first time in 20 years, this team seems to be good rifht now AND has a core, coaching staff and management to be good for a few years to come... finally some good vibes coming of that team. Not going to wait until the POs are over at least?

I tried once myself to have more time with family - and to do a better job at work... -, could not stay away longer than the summer break.

Good luck, godspeed, you'll be missed!!
Haha! You’re right on timing: part of it is life circumstances. I’ve been pretty open about being a research PhD and well I haven’t produced and I feel the pressure; another part is just my city reopening

Sucks to not be with y’all for the playoffs but I don’t trust myself to commit to leave later haha

Reactions: austropanther

Gizmo Tkachuk

Registered Loser
Sep 23, 2009
Florida

If you stay, I'll change my avatar to Lundell eating a sandwich.

Ratsreign

Mar 12, 2018
If it was the originial, it would be the original, down to the details. It is not the original. It is the new iteration of that logo. Ownership's effort to pay tribute to the past through a little-used secondary logo. But if you want to claim "victory" here, be my guest.
Wtf, dude? You seem to be the one with the need to claim victory...
Will you feel better if I amend my post to say “...the updated version of the Original logo.”? Point of the comment was how the Original* leaping Panther logo is still very popular, among the goalies as well as with many fans.

Cricket Green

May 1, 2021
Wtf, dude? You seem to be the one with the need to claim victory...
Will you feel better if I amend my post to say “...the updated version of the Original logo.”? Point of the comment was how the Original* leaping Panther logo is still very popular, among the goalies as well as with many fans.

Fair enough. We can both agree on that.

Reactions: Ratsreign
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad