Post-Game Talk: Dallas v. Florida 5/3/21

Status
Not open for further replies.

ProjectPanthers

Podcast discussing the Florida Panthers
Mar 6, 2002
Towanna
linktr.ee

So we wont see either on Saturday and Monday. Wont even give the team a chance to get maybe get acclimated to playing against them at full strength.

They are literally full of shit lol. They have no choice in the matter, they can't fit either under their cap right now.

Both Kuch and Stamkos are healthy. Stamkos went down before the deadline "coincidentally" and Kuch has been out all season.

They'll be back and healthy for Game 1 when the salary cap is no longer in effect.

Btw the NHL standing pat and just letting this obvious cap circumvention is f***ing embarrassing to me. What's the point of a cap if you can just "shut down" your best players for the last few months and stock your team up even more for another go around?

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
They are literally full of shit lol. They have no choice in the matter, they can't fit either under their cap right now.

Both Kuch and Stamkos are healthy. Stamkos went down before the deadline "coincidentally" and Kuch has been out all season.

They'll be back and healthy for Game 1 when the salary cap is no longer in effect.

Btw the NHL standing pat and just letting this obvious cap circumvention is f***ing embarrassing to me. What's the point of a cap if you can just "shut down" your best players for the last few months and stock your team up even more for another go around?
Yup, that loophole must be removed. It’s a complete shit show.

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA

The same league that fines Tom Wilson 5K and move on.

50xzyP.jpg

Lmfao

Jean Luc Discard

Jul 11, 2014

It's just another loophole. Ofc initially they collectively thought that would allow teams to stay competitive if their star player(s) gets injured but that on the other hand allows teams to shutdown players as "a precautionary measure". This in turn leads to teams not trusting each other when this is blatantly used to reach a competitive advantage and I'd bet something will be done about it. I don't think the actions taken to address this issue will make a dent since motivated teams will find another loophole.

Reactions: harv33173

FlaPanthers11

Cats Are Coming?
Aug 30, 2013

The league can’t change their rules in the middle of the season. All 31 teams have agreed to a set of rules to operate under and have the same freedom to do as they wish within those guidelines. Tampa (and Toronto) is taking advantage so credit to them. We could have done the same.

It’s a loophole to close in the future but I can’t be mad at the league for not enforcing some penalties on Tampa for what they’re doing this season.

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
Man a 2nd round of Carolina-Tampa, insufferable fanbase vs team legally circumvnting the rules, and then the winner likely faces the Leafs. Definitely cheering for the West this year.

Reactions: ProjectPanthers

Pigge

Feb 28, 2002
The league can’t change their rules in the middle of the season. All 31 teams have agreed to a set of rules to operate under and have the same freedom to do as they wish within those guidelines. Tampa (and Toronto) is taking advantage so credit to them. We could have done the same.

It’s a loophole to close in the future but I can’t be mad at the league for not enforcing some penalties on Tampa for what they’re doing this season.
They are required to activate the players when they are fit to play though, which makes it extremely fishy if they just happen to be healthy by game 1 of the playoffs.

Thomas Colavecchio

Mar 24, 2019
Man a 2nd round of Carolina-Tampa, insufferable fanbase vs team legally circumvnting the rules, and then the winner likely faces the Leafs. Definitely cheering for the West this year.

I'm with you, if it actually plays out that way.

My son is now living in Denver, and he and his GF are crazy, diehard Avs fans...STH"s there before COVID. I can only wish (or is it a dream) for another Panthers / Avalanche SCF matchup.:naughty: My family might not be the same for a bit.:laugh:

Otherwise, it will be go AVS for me. :stanley::hockey:

Reactions: harv33173

ProjectPanthers

Podcast discussing the Florida Panthers
Mar 6, 2002
Towanna
linktr.ee

My point is not to fine them this year, it's too late.

But do you honestly think the NHL will do anything about this? They'll ignore it like they do the painkiller problem.

Jean Luc Discard

Jul 11, 2014
But do you honestly think the NHL will do anything about this?

Ofc they will do something about it because it drives up the payroll and that's something all owners agree upon, or at least "they should" because otherwise that'll rock the boat. The cap limit isn't purely to keep all teams competitive within some arbitrary range but rather limit the expenditure on salaries.

The painkiller issue is something else, it has no bearing on revenue and/or costs (until the negative PR begins to affect the bottom line).

RogerRoger

Jul 23, 2013
I'm with you, if it actually plays out that way.

My son is now living in Denver, and he and his GF are crazy, diehard Avs fans...STH"s there before COVID. I can only wish (or is it a dream) for another Panthers / Avalanche SCF matchup.:naughty: My family might not be the same for a bit.:laugh:

Otherwise, it will be go AVS for me. :stanley::hockey:
I feel for you mate. Even with the greatest of parenting, sometimes things like that happen. :laugh:

Reactions: Thomas Colavecchio

WaitingForThatCab

#1 Nick Cousins Fan Account
Mar 11, 2017
It hasnt been all on the goalies since Luongo was deemed finished, and then fans ran Reimer out of town.

We just keep glossing over the fact that its now been 5 or 6 guys having the same issues with this D.

Cue the its not my favorite goalie who has issues responses...

Fans didn't run Reimer out of town. Management did that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad