Post-Game Talk: Dallas v. Florida 5/3/21

Status
Not open for further replies.

letsgrowcactus

Jan 21, 2017
GR was mistaken. Knight starts, Desrosiers backup

I wonder what's the goalie situation next year? Desrosiers, Bednard, Montembeault all have their contracts expire at the end of the season; Montembeault and Bednard are RFA, Desrosiers is UFA. Do we re-sign all of them/some of them/bring in somebody new?
Driedger is almost certainly gone; Bob is obviously the n.1 next year, but the rest of the "goalie tree" is less clear. Will it be Bob + Knight or are they going to give the nod to one of the more experienced guys and have Knight be the starter in the AHL?

aviators99

Apr 8, 2012
Weston, Florida, USA
Sure: but also last game of season. We essentially need to win out to be the 2 seed. There's also the case where we lose against Tampa game 1, which will end out chance most likely. Played Desrosier then

Silly to try to predict, but if we win tonight and Dallas sweeps Tampa AND we lose against Tampa game 1, it sets up game 2 to decide who gets the #2 seed, so it would be pretty meaningful! :)

iam76

Sep 30, 2011
Connecticut
I wonder what's the goalie situation next year? Desrosiers, Bednard, Montembeault all have their contracts expire at the end of the season; Montembeault and Bednard are RFA, Desrosiers is UFA. Do we re-sign all of them/some of them/bring in somebody new?
Driedger is almost certainly gone; Bob is obviously the n.1 next year, but the rest of the "goalie tree" is less clear. Will it be Bob + Knight or are they going to give the nod to one of the more experienced guys and have Knight be the starter in the AHL?
u sign bednard. he has posted very good numbers at every level and cheap.

kerrabria

May 3, 2018
Our schedule after this unfortunate. A 5-day rest followed by two games against our ploff matchup.

You don't want to go into that series having lost both of those final games.
Rest Barkov, Forsling, and Gudas the first game.
Rest Huberdeau, Weegar, Bennett, and Hornqvist the second.

Otherwise, I'm interested to see what Marchment does at C. Not sure how it'll go being that Marchment's strengths are physicality and using his body to protect the puck along the boards. Personally, I would have liked to see what Hepo could do there because of his vision and 200 ft game. Either way, Tanklin - March - Hippo should be entertaining on the forecheck.

violaswallet

Apr 8, 2019
Playoffs don't start for a while I believe. Do you know when? I guess it makes sense to give Bob one of the last two starts since it might be a long time in between the regular season and start of playoffs.
Not announced: unclear if us playoffs could start early.

shame it won’t do much for Ekblad though (he won’t be ready until late June or early July)

Bag Of Beans

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
Any idea how much $ :rose: makes for being on the NHL roster tonight? I feel like it would be a significant raise for him. I would probably be reduced to tears as well.

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
Any idea how much $ :rose: makes for being on the NHL roster tonight? I feel like it would be a significant raise for him. I would probably be reduced to tears as well.

jM3UOn.jpg

If it's based on a percent of the schedule remaining, meaning 5%, he gets 35K tonight?

If it's based on games, 1/56 = 12,500?

So it's one of those two. Maybe?

Reactions: Cold Cat

Mase

Cousins.....kind of a c**t
Aug 6, 2010
Holding the blue
That 4th line actually really impressed me last game. If that trio looks good again they may have nailed down that line for the playoffs.

PSLguy

#TimeToHunt
Jan 14, 2013
Port St. Lucie, FL
Looking forward to seeing what Knight can do against a desperate Dallas team. They will bring everything they have as they need the two points to keep any chance alive.

I really want to see how Knight handles it tonight.

Reactions: Cold Cat
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->