Post-Game Talk: Dallas v. Florida 5/3/21

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bag Of Beans

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
What a good story that Desrosiers gets to start! I remember he started against Dallas in the exhibition. Should have saw this coming. This will be fun!

violaswallet

Apr 8, 2019

Well that’s a curve ball. I don’t get why Knight wouldn’t play.

Curious on where Driedger’s injury stands. Doesn’t seem like he will be back during the regular season.

It’s to reward the guy: his development was screwed and he hasn’t played all year; this might be his last chance in the NHL.

things like this impress players and make them more willing to play here

FlaPanthers11

Cats Are Coming?
Aug 30, 2013
It’s to reward the guy: his development was screwed and he hasn’t played all year; this might be his last chance in the NHL.

I like that and all but this game matters a pretty good amount for the playoffs. I guess there isn’t a great time when we don’t have any truly meaningless games this year.

No Bennett either. At this point just rest all the big guys.

Reactions: harv33173

Bag Of Beans

Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..

He turns 26 in August, so there's still time for a career like Judge's :sarcasm:
I think this is great. He has been on the taxi Squad all year. Nice to give him a break. I'd rather this team concede, get all the Knicks and bumps healed up, and go into the playoffs 100% .
I wonder what number he will wear? Nhl.com has him as #95.

violaswallet

Apr 8, 2019
GR was mistaken. Knight starts, Desrosiers backup

Q usually gives a goalie a game as backup before starting. I think it will be contingent on positioning (are we out?). I wouldn't be surprised if Desrosier plays against Tampa if seeding doesn't matter. (Which is a good chance if we lose against Dallas or if Tampa sweeps Dallas)

letsgrowcactus

Jan 21, 2017
Bennett is out with Upper-body injury (day-to-day).

Dallas will be desperate for the win. I want us to go all-in and try to take that n.2 spot, but at this point, just stay healthy.

aviators99

Apr 8, 2012
Weston, Florida, USA
Q usually gives a goalie a game as backup before starting. I think it will be contingent on positioning (are we out?). I wouldn't be surprised if Desrosier plays against Tampa if seeding doesn't matter. (Which is a good chance if we lose against Dallas or if Tampa sweeps Dallas)

Next game won't matter if and only if we lose tonight AND Tampa sweeps Dallas.

violaswallet

Apr 8, 2019
Next game won't matter if and only if we lose tonight AND Tampa sweeps Dallas.
Sure: but also last game of season. We essentially need to win out to be the 2 seed. There's also the case where we lose against Tampa game 1, which will end out chance most likely. Played Desrosier then

Bag Of Beans

Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
See this: x - Jameson Olive on Twitter: "Coach Q says Driedger should get in one of the final two games vs. Tampa Bay." / Twitter

I'm guessing we could see Knight/Bob/CD all start the next three games with different permutations of backups (Desrosiers/Monty/Knight?)
Playoffs don't start for a while I believe. Do you know when? I guess it makes sense to give Bob one of the last two starts since it might be a long time in between the regular season and start of playoffs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->