Confirmed with Link: Dallas Stars sign Niklas Hansson to three-year ELC

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
Dallas Morning News article

Dallas Stars General Manager Jim Nill announced today that the club has signed defenseman Niklas Hansson to a three-year entry-level contract beginning in the 2016-17 season. Hansson has also signed an amateur tryout agreement (ATO) for the remainder of the season with the Texas Stars, Dallas' top development affiliate in the American Hockey League (AHL), and is scheduled to report to Texas next week. Per club policy, terms of the deal were not disclosed.
Hansson, 21, registered 22 points (7-15=22) in 44 regular-season games with HV71 of the Swedish Hockey League, the highest division of professional hockey in Sweden. He finished tied for eighth among all SHL defensemen with seven goals and shared 12th with 22 points, pacing team blueliners in both categories. Hansson also shared first among team defensemen and fourth among all team skaters with 15 assists this season.
The 6-foot-1, 180-pound native of Helsingborg, Sweden was originally selected by Dallas in the third round (68th overall) of the 2013 NHL Draft.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
He had a great year in Sweden lets see if he can build on that in Cedar Park. So many good defensive prospects in the pool . Quite a change from a few years back.

Last edited:

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Next year yes. But the Stars wouldn't have given him the ATO for Texas if they didn't think he would have a chance to see some action in Texas in their remaining games . Johns with the big club left a spot Hansson could fill.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Just let him simmer like we did with Klingberg. No reason to rush him at all.

I'm pretty excited, though.

OttMorrow

Sep 18, 2003
Hansson is going to be fun to watch! Can't wait to see him in action.

Last edited:

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Hansson is a righty most likely he'll play with one of the two . Probably Bäckman as a fellow Swede.

OttMorrow

Sep 18, 2003
I got my first glimpse of Hansson in live action tonight against the Checkers...he's smooth. Good edgework, not afraid to jump into the play offensively.

Also he played both Right and Left D today, which I found interesting. He pretty much played with everyone tonight, and not surprisingly, he didn't at all look out of place.

I'm excited to see how looks in a little while after he adjusts to the NA rink and game and finds a steady partner to pair with. My guess is that he will play top pairing with Lindell.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad