Confirmed with Link: Dallas Stars claim Dustin Jeffrey from waivers

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
Great news, hes a terrible hockey player, il be shocked if hes still playing in the NHL next year.

he's better than Adams or Glass.
Too bad, but he's not fit for any role he would get here. Maybe bottom six scoring punch, but very little.

Jeffrey - Vitale - Engelland was the best 4th line we've had in a while. And it was immediately broken up because Glass and Adams bring too much experience and grit to sit.

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
oh man, someone make a bet with that cheesedanish guy. Like "If DJ is on an NHL team next year you can't post here anymore."

easy money

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
Meh, I think he's been pretty awful this year. Guy has no snarl at all.

true. I forgot in the new CBA games are decided by which team has the most snarl.

Seriously, Glass has plenty of snarl. And he's the worst player on our team aside from maybe Adams who also has plenty of snarl. **** snarl. I want good hockey players. A line with Vitale and Engo has enough snarl to allow one skilled guy to come in and control the puck to help maintain possession and generate occasional offense. And that line did exactly that. Better than Adams and Glass have ever or will ever do.

wej20

Aug 14, 2008
UK
true. I forgot in the new CBA games are decided by which team has the most snarl.

Seriously, Glass has plenty of snarl. And he's the worst player on our team aside from maybe Adams who also has plenty of snarl. **** snarl. I want good hockey players.

Some people must be watching a different Jeffrey. Guy has been invisible this year (though I agree he should have been given more of a chance when we were calling up scrubs like Conner, Scrabbles and Sill).

UnderratedBrooks44

Sep 13, 2005
Miranda's house
he's better than Adams or Glass.

Jeffrey - Vitale - Engelland was the best 4th line we've had in a while. And it was immediately broken up because Glass and Adams bring too much experience and grit to sit.

It's a small sample size, but point taken. Injuries on D dictated Engelland go back on D too I suppose. Bottom line is we don't have enough good forwards in general. Ironic but true. Anyways, I don't think the guy's that good.

Shrimper

Trick or ruddy treat
Feb 20, 2010
Essex
Shame to see him go but he deserves a chance where he'll play, especially over 7th D men playing on the wing. Hope he rips it up.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
Some people must be watching a different Jeffrey. Guy has been invisible this year (though I agree he should have been given more of a chance when we were calling up scrubs like Conner, Scrabbles and Sill).

He was invisible on the third line. He was good on the 4th. The only games where the 4th line actually possessed the puck in the offensive zone were the games where Dustin Jeffrey was on the 4th line. Meanwhile, Glass and Adams get praised for blocking shots while they are constantly pinned in their zone and for making hits because the other team always has the puck.

It's a small sample size, but point taken. Injuries on D dictated Engelland go back on D too I suppose. Bottom line is we don't have enough good forwards in general. Ironic but true. Anyways, I don't think the guy's that good.

We have Bortuzzo in the press box and Despres in the minors. We do not need Engo on defense. Not even a little bit.

I don't think DJ is anything great either. But he's not the worst forward on our roster. He is not the guy we should have just waived.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
Shame to see him go but he deserves a chance where he'll play, especially over 7th D men playing on the wing. Hope he rips it up.

the 7th d man playing on the wing might have been the best 4th line wing we've had this year :laugh: I thought it was a terrible move and bashed Disco for it. It turned out to be one of the good moves he made. And then he undid it.

Shrimper

Trick or ruddy treat
Feb 20, 2010
Essex
the 7th d man playing on the wing might have been the best 4th line wing we've had this year :laugh: I thought it was a terrible move and bashed Disco for it. It turned out to be one of the good moves he made. And then he undid it.

England did bring more in terms of physicality and I think he scored twice but I'd rather have seen DJ play there. Or at least even given a chance.

Free contract spot - up comes Megna! :P

UnderratedBrooks44

Sep 13, 2005
Miranda's house
We have Bortuzzo in the press box and Despres in the minors. We do not need Engo on defense. Not even a little bit.

I don't think DJ is anything great either. But he's not the worst forward on our roster. He is not the guy we should have just waived.

I see what you mean about the D. I sometimes forget who the hell is playing, who's hurt, and who's playing offense haha.

No he's not the worst forward on our roster but he's the classic player in a top 6 mold that can't play top 6 so he's already behind the eight ball. With our bottom 6ers I don't really know what one could reasonably expect him to produce in a given year, and more importantly I don't see him as anyone to rely on defensively.

At any rate I think the only reason he was on waivers is because we're rotating all these youngsters to give teams a look at them. For instance I'd like to blame Bylsma for the Megna thing, but maybe they never planned on him being here anyways. I mean to be honest, whatever you think of Zach Sill there was basically no point to him coming up other than scouting. We need an injection of offense not more checkers.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
England did bring more in terms of physicality and I think he scored twice but I'd rather have seen DJ play there. Or at least even given a chance.

Free contract spot - up comes Megna! :P

they were both playing on the same line. At least for two of the games Engo was at wing. And they were really good together.

also

#FreeMegna

WVP

Mar 22, 2004
Should have been given a legit chance a LONG time ago, glad the relationship is over at this point. Will be interesting to see if he makes it in any substantial way.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
Should have been given a legit chance a LONG time ago, glad the relationship is over at this point. Will be interesting to see if he makes it in any substantial way.

his injury when Sid and Geno were out really was the killer for him. He never really had another chance

Stad

@Mahomes2Helaire
Apr 22, 2007
Saskatoon
He was useless here when he played, but good for him that he gets to move on from this mess here :laugh:

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sep 5, 2008
I never really gave a **** about previous waiver losses, but Jeffrey hurts a bit. I think he could have done well here, if we had a coach who didn't treat every young player like they have bird flu.

If nothing else, Jeffrey is cheaper and a better option than a few of the guys we toss out every night.

Hope he has a Letestu-type level of success, or better. Best of luck in Dallas.

td_ice

Peter shows the way
Aug 13, 2005
USA
I remember reading an article which DJ mentioned they were trying to get him to change his game, and he tried it, and he lost confidence. And then said he was basically done listening to others and was going to play his game.

But yeah, he didn't do much with the opportunities he had here. But from those comments he made he wasn't happy playing here, so perhaps he can do well with a different setting.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
He was useless here when he played, but good for him that he gets to move on from this mess here :laugh:

I wouldn't say he was useless. He was playing well before his injury, much like Letestu.

Letestu was playing well, got hurt, then struggled when he came back. People rambled on how he wasn't a good player, etc.

Jeffrey is a similarly talented player, who has had the same bad luck.

I have a feeling he will do well if he gets consistent playing time in the right role (third pivot). Quite frankly, he deserves it.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
36 year old Craig Adams kept over the 25 year old Dustin Jeffrey. What another great Bylsma decision. :handclap:

I'm not thrilled with Bylsma's fascination with Adams either, but he's clearly been more productive than Jeffrey has been this year.

wej20

Aug 14, 2008
UK
I think he'll turn out to be a serviceable 3rd line centre, probably not this year though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad