Dallas Stars are 2nd to last team in the entire league with 16 points(2 wins in their last 10 games)

CokenoPepsi

Oct 28, 2016
Their games in hand on Chicago almost don't even matter anymore...I don't think they can catch them for the last playoff spot

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
Their games in hand on Chicago almost don't even matter anymore...I don't think they can catch them for the last playoff spot

5AY1tD0.gif

I think I've reached Jim Mora levels of optimism towards Dallas's playoff chances. :laugh:

Twelve points back, with two wins in their last 13 games.

The chances of Dallas winning those six games in hand to make up the 12-point gap, is about the same chance I have of winning this year's Calder Trophy.

Five Alarm Fire

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
It is just another system team based on effort. Dallas needs scoring talent.

Exactly this. They have a ton of talent on D and play a good system, but are lacking a true game breaking forward to get their scoring over the edge. They played well last night, but I never felt particularly worried that they would score on us.

Reactions: PatriceBergeronFan

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
Just +3 in goal differential last year. Their top two point scorers in the playoffs were defensemen. Pavelski had 14 goals in 67 regular season games, and 13 in 27 playoff games.

They were going to come down from the high anyway, but they've had some other things go against them as well. It's not a team built for the long term though. Last year was likely their best shot for a while.

Aqualung

Nov 16, 2007
They’re not really the second last team because of games in hand. If they keep winning at the rate of their current points percentage they won’t even be bottom 5; those teams are Buffalo, Ottawa, Detroit, Vancouver and Anaheim.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
Not surprised. The roster isn’t anything special and Rick Bowness’ coaching history, aside from last year, is horrid.

They got hot and overachieved in the bubble.

Kuznetsnow

Nov 26, 2019
They should put a lid on the season. Sit all their injured players and give them months to recover. Call up their prospects and let them have a taste of NHL hockey. Sell at the deadline. Come back next year with a healthy roster and top pick and gun for the cup then.

MrHeiskanen

Nov 12, 2017
Not surprised. The roster isn’t anything special and Rick Bowness’ coaching history, aside from last year, is horrid.

They were like the second best team in the league after 10 games last year.. so I don't really agree with that statement.

Reactions: Kcb12345

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017

They were like the second best team in the league after 10 games last year.. so I don't really agree with that statement.

And just to clarify what MrHeiskanen is saying, he's referring to after their 1-7-1 or whatever it was start last season. They were then the best or 2nd best team in the NHL for the rest of that season (funnily enough, I think Tampa was the team they were competing with for best team after a bad start)

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
They probably miss their old glasses.

Or Perry.

:laugh:

Stars are a team I'm not going to judge because of what's going on in the world and the games off and new divisional setup and whatnot. If they had gone to the Finals last year in normal circumstances and things were normal now then yeah, but this year is different.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
The way they potted two so quickly in the 3rd there, I thought they'd actually manage to tie it up, like one of those turning points of the season, y'know?

Nah.

Another L.

6 wins in 18 games, for the Dallas Stars.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->