Dallas Stars are 2nd to last team in the entire league with 16 points(2 wins in their last 10 games)

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
Between injuries, Covid outbreaks, and numerous postponements... can't say I'm too surprised.

I'm not a Stars fan, but if I was, I wouldn't even mind...so many reasons why. They've probably been more hit than any team at this point by some of these factors.

I still think it's way early enough for them to be able to bounce back. But it's fine if not.

sr edler

gold is not reality
Mar 20, 2010
That hard ass Texas ice storm really hit them in the face like a big wet Alaskan salmon.

IeMxlsX.gif

That said Lindell is still looking fine, right?

MrHeiskanen

Nov 12, 2017
COVID, Winter Storm, No 1C, 1RW, and 1G for most of the season.

See what happens the rest of the year but it's been rough.

RogerR

Feb 2, 2021
Aside from this year Dallas has some real issues. A lot of that core is VERY old. They'\ll have to figure something out.

Elysian

Emo Stars Fan
Dec 4, 2011
Norton, OH
This season is a perfect storm of sorts... So many caught COVID, the winter storm shut down the state, and there's literally no more rest for the rest of the season. There's going to be a lot of injuries, if they make it through this and get a playoffs spot they won't make it far. I don't really see them making the playoffs either. Play as many kids with NHL upside as possible, get Oettinger some good experience, and try to get a good draft position...

Reactions: longtime lurker

RogerR

Feb 2, 2021
This season is a perfect storm of sorts... So many caught COVID, the winter storm shut down the state, and there's literally no more rest for the rest of the season. There's going to be a lot of injuries, if they make it through this and get a playoffs spot they won't make it far. I don't really see them making the playoffs either. Play as many kids with NHL upside as possible, get Oettinger some good experience, and try to get a good draft position...
The tough schedule is why I can't see them making the playoffs this year. Getting so many games cancelled is a big disadvantage.

ItsFineImFine

Aug 11, 2019
They're a better playoff than regular season team. They benefit a lot from the tighter morme defensive structure of the playoffs plus being able to play more physical and dead-puck-esque hockey.

I'm not saying the regular season is free flowing hockey or anything but the playoffs are just really badly refereed in terms of what the NHL allows and it helps teams like Dal or VGK.

Unspecified

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Apr 29, 2015
I would say they are tanking on purpose but then i look at the draft board and the meh players on it and then i think they just suck.

Reactions: Spotty 2 Hotty

Magic Mittens

Nov 2, 2006
Calgary
It’s such a hard season to judge. Getting delayed with covid, then stopping again for 5 games due to weather. Getting hit by injuries and now they’ll have a tough schedule to finish out the season

As a stars fan I’m not upset if they don’t make it, also not making excuses. Just a weird season for not only them, but other teams

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
It’s such a hard season to judge. Getting delayed with covid, then stopping again for 5 games due to weather. Getting hit by injuries and now they’ll have a tough schedule to finish out the season

As a stars fan I’m not upset if they don’t make it, also not making excuses. Just a weird season for not only them, but other teams

That's the thing, I'm not even upset. Haven't tuned in to much hockey lately, but when I check the scores and see "5-0 Tampa" I just laugh and go back to whatever I was doing.

It is what it is, Dallas overachieved last season and this season it looks like they're balancing it out by trending the other way. I just hope there aren't any more serious injuries along the way, a tough ask considering the brutal schedule they've got ahead of them. Bones is going to be resting a lot of players, Miro + Klingberg are gonna see less minutes per night as well.

Reactions: Magic Mittens
Sep 20, 2013
In The Crease
There's also probably some schedule effects as well, with having to play a long streak of good or roughly equal teams and no opportunities for easy wins against bad teams to break it up.

RogerR

Feb 2, 2021
Beyond a lot going on to make this a terrible year, they do have to deal with a hell of a lot of aging forwards going forward.

CalgarySnow

Oct 21, 2017
With the Governor opening everything up I expect another break due to COVID to put the nail in the coffin this season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad