Dallas Stars are 2nd to last team in the entire league with 16 points(2 wins in their last 10 games)

Clint Eastwood

Eff the Habs
Nov 11, 2018
I'm not gonna pretend like I saw this coming because I thought Dallas was gonna be really good.

I've admittedly not been watching them, but I have a feeling no Seguin has to hurt. No Bishop as well although Dobby has a .915 which is quite solid.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Yeah this is a throwaway season at this point.

Seguin, Radulov, Bishop out long term. Hintz is a game time decision every night for the rest of the season. Heiskanen isn't playing well. Team can't score.

Pavelski and sometimes Klingberg have been the only bright spots. Khudobin was good against the Panthers but not great otherwise.

Khudobin has more assists than every Stars dman not named Heiskanen or Klingberg combined (in fact, combined all those dmen have a total of 0 assists). That should tell you a lot about the offense this season lol

Some Other Flame

Dec 4, 2010
Covid, shortened season, weird divisions. . .some organizations are going to make some awfully big mistakes based on a throwaway year (or years).

AveryStar4Eva

Aug 28, 2014
As a Stars fan I’ll be content to make the playoffs this offseason and if they don’t I won’t be upset. Plenty of injuries and besides Pavelski no one has really stepped up to show they have another level.

jetsforever

Dec 14, 2013
Well it did seem like overachieving to make the Finals last year but it's also surprising to see them playing this badly.

Reactions: 613Leafer

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
They had Covid and not a buyer of that offense.
Lacks star power.

Still shouldn’t be at the bottom, should be a playoff team with that defense healthy

SotasicA

Aug 25, 2014
They'll get into that 4th playoff spot.

And then for the first time since O6 days, we'll see a first round matchup between previous year's Cup finalists.

mattihp

Aug 2, 2004
Uppsala, Sweden
Are they among the leaders in games postponed? That would make it hard to get a rhythm going. Everything good will be harder to sustain, all errors easier to repeat.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Are they among the leaders in games postponed? That would make it hard to get a rhythm going. Everything good will be harder to sustain, all errors easier to repeat.

During the last game they mentioned the Stars have no more postponed games, they'll just have to play whatever they have left on the schedule which is a game every other day. They don't have anymore 2 day breaks either, it's a brutal schedule down the stretch for them 40~ games in 70~ days.

Mulletman

Feb 23, 2013
Well lets hope something positive comes from all of this and they'll be able to spark Patrick Laine into a new hot streak as they play Laine 4 times in their next 8 games.

Uncle Scrooge

Hockey Bettor
Nov 14, 2011
Helsinki
I thought it was pretty obvious they weren't going to have a smooth year. Talked about it quite a lot after the playoffs.

If not for Pavelski scoring the tying goal in the last minute in the final round robin game, they were going into the playoffs on a 10 game winless streak. Stuff like that doesn't happen without a reason.

Add in Seguin out from day 1, combined with other injuries, and the team doesn't look intimidating on paper - yet everyone plays them like they're a big measuring stick team.

They'll get better and fight for that 4th playoff spot no doubt. And yeah the title is a bit misleading.. .500 and +1 goal differential is far from being the 2nd worst team.

hoglund

Dec 8, 2013
Canada
I did not see this coming!!! Holy cow!!! Dallas Stars, what happened to you???

Yes,...their points % is at .500, i know but...they have to win those games in hand.
With many games in hand, the point total isn't a fair comparison, they're .500 so they're an average team, but far from the bottom of the league.

mattihp

Aug 2, 2004
Uppsala, Sweden
During the last game they mentioned the Stars have no more postponed games, they'll just have to play whatever they have left on the schedule which is a game every other day. They don't have anymore 2 day breaks either, it's a brutal schedule down the stretch for them 40~ games in 70~ days.
That'll be so rough. But hopefully they will have enough guys to rotate the roster a bit at least.

Miri

Lavinengefahr!
Aug 13, 2013
Slovakia
Is he that good? I've seen him mostly as a jack-in-the-box or utility player who can patch up holes. A bit like Pascal Rheaume.

Nah, I am just still bit salty about the game 7 against Avs last play-offs and his hattrick :). Would not be the case if he was that good, because thats what good players do, got to accept that. But complete unknowns coming out of the obscurity to win the series with one in a lifetime performance, only to return back to obscurity? f*** that.

Reactions: mattihp

Spotty 2 Hotty

Special teams, special plays, special players
Feb 28, 2008
ATX
They've been pretty terrible this season overall. It's a team full of bottom six players, aging players past their prime, and inconsistent young players. There's none of that top line talent on the roster that other teams have, and their team defense hasn't been good enough to compensate for that.

Heiskanen (who you'd figure would be one of the few bright spots) has looked like a different player altogether; timid, defers to everyone else on the ice offensively more than ever before, and just seems to struggle with his decision making on the ice. Maybe it's an after effect from COVID, but regardless, he's been really bad.

I'd be surprised if they even come close to making the playoffs given their play so far and the fact that they're gonna be playing a game AT least every other day from here on out, including like 9 back to backs on top of that. Normally I'd be thrilled to be able to watch them play essentially every Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday, and Sunday, but they just don't have the depth to be able to shuffle players in and out of the lineup and produce, so it's gonna be painful.

iamjs

Oct 1, 2008
and the teams above them to the playoff cutoff have played 8, 5, and 7 more games respectively.

Even if they go .500 in those games, that would put them 5th in the division, which is right about where I'd put them with all of the injuries.

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012
I actually didn't know they were bad I thought they had played zero games because every night their game says PPD

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
Thanks to a combination of COVID and mother nature, Dallas is now tasked with playing 40 games in the next 70 days, with no two-day breaks for the rest of the season.

Either they find a way to turn the ship around, and fast.....or things are about to get so much ****ing worse with this club. :laugh:

Outside of a few bright spots (Robertson, Pavelski, and the goalies posting surprisingly respectable numbers given the team record), it's been a disaster since Game 5.

6 wins in 16 games, just some mediocre, uninspired hockey.

They'll be an interesting team to watch this month. Probably in a horrible car crash sort of way.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->