Value of: Dallas Pieces in a Potential Rebuild

Groo

May 11, 2013
surfingarippleofevil
I don't see the value in rebuilding by trading away a 22 year old goalie that will be the next starter in Dallas and a 20 year old top organizational prospect. Meier also has a $10million dollar qualifying offer in a couple years. That contract is actually a little scary.
I don't see the Stars going full nuclear. That's only a HF phenomena
It's rather ridiculous to have ones team make it to the finals and then call for it's dismemberment not even half way through the next. Dallas ought to be looking to add top end talent.

But where's the fun in that

Boondock

Feb 6, 2009
I don't see the Stars going full nuclear. That's only a HF phenomena
It's rather ridiculous to have ones team make it to the finals and then call for it's dismemberment not even half way through the next. Dallas ought to be looking to add top end talent.
Agreed, but not at the cost of their top 2 prospects. They need to inject inexpensive youth, not trade them for big contracts.

Groo

May 11, 2013
surfingarippleofevil
Agreed, but not at the cost of their top 2 prospects. They need to inject inexpensive youth, not trade them for big contracts.
They were a heartbeat from winning it all. They need to add talent to get over the final hump. Trying to build a all star U23 team is also a HF phenomena and no way to win a cup.

Magic Mittens

Nov 2, 2006
Calgary
What's the price to get Hintz to Minnesota?

If they did, or heck even if they didn’t rebuild why would they move Hintz?

As for people asking about Faksa, I think something like Eller got. Two picks with one being a 2nd or something. Or else maybe for a Dman would be my guess

BLNY

Aug 3, 2004
Dartmouth, NS
If someone like Radulov became available Montreal should be all over it. I'd be lightly shocked if Berg made an offer, but think he should. Rads was clearly a great fit. His relentless effort and energy would be welcome. Montreal would have to send salary the other way. Could be an expiring contract. After this season, there would be no need for any sort of retention in all likelihood.

Reactions: Youkotkabekiddinme

Magic Mittens

Nov 2, 2006
Calgary
Colorado 2021 first + 2021 third for Faska, does that get it done?

I’d probably do it as a stars fan. Dallas has Dickinson and Dellandre that can fill the 3rd C. Not as good as Faksa, but that cap could be used else where.

Faksa would be great on the Avs, and would suck to play against him next year lol

Richard88

John 3:16
Jun 29, 2019
Anyone other than Heiskanen, Lindell, Hintz, Gurianov and Oettinger in my eyes are trade bait.

Colorado would be interested in Faksa, what would the ask be?

Colorado 2021 first + 2021 third for Faska, does that get it done?

I’d probably do it as a stars fan. Dallas has Dickinson and Dellandre that can fill the 3rd C. Not as good as Faksa, but that cap could be used else where.

Faksa would be great on the Avs, and would suck to play against him next year lol
I came to the thread to ask about Faksa's availability, but seems I was beaten to it. :)

What are Dallas' needs for a rebuild? Are there any Avs prospects outside of Newhook that would make sense in a trade for Faksa?

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
It's been a tire fire this year. After going 4-0 in the first four games, they have gone 2-8-4 in the next 14. The only team in the league who have lost more in the last 10 is Anaheim. This is not a team that looks like the team that made a run, and it's starting to look like the goaltending of Khudobin's incredible run hid some of the issues plaguing this truly awful system. They work hard, they play hard, but they choke any offensive creativity out of their lineup. Assuming they continue on this spiral, and don't make the playoffs, what pieces could they move? What could they get?

Some Pieces to Consider
-Khudobin: Why lose him to Seattle for nothing. His value is probably the best it could be. Could they get a late 1st?
-Pavelski: Would a team move pieces and or take on that salary for a year? 7 mil is cheap, but he comes with a slew of intangibles. His offense is one of the few not to take a massive hit.
-Comeau: bottom six experience with speed.
-Cogliano: bottom six experience with speed.
-Oleksiak: Size, expiring deal, plays with a bit more pace than you'd think. Has not looked as good this year.

What's the ask on Oleksiak?

Srsly

Feb 8, 2011
Upland
It’s hard to really gauge where the Stars are. They started the season without Seguin, Radulov and Bishop. That’s debatably their number one goalie and two best forwards. Surely they would have made a difference? They also had quite the run in the play offs last season, which further complicates where one would place them. I don’t think they’ll burn down the house quite yet...but I could be wrong.

jrs

Oct 11, 2017
Jets will take one Klingberg please. Pretty much anything available except perfetti.

AveryStar4Eva

Aug 28, 2014
It’s hard to really gauge where the Stars are. They started the season without Seguin, Radulov and Bishop. That’s debatably their number one goalie and two best forwards. Surely they would have made a difference? They also had quite the run in the play offs last season, which further complicates where one would place them. I don’t think they’ll burn down the house quite yet...but I could be wrong.

Personally I think the Stars roster is just to old and lacks high end talent to be a contender. Seguin, Bishop, and Radulov could probably get us to be a playoff team, but they aren’t cup caliber and only getting older. I think Stars fans are just wanting to deal off guys to get good value and rip off the bandaid of the inevitable rebuild

Pertti

Dec 1, 2019
:hawks
Roope Hintz/Radek Faksa

:stars
Dylan Strome(+Alexander Nylander for Hintz only)

Bigshow747

May 12, 2018
What would be the ask for Faksa? Vancouver would be interested in a 3rd line C.
Something around Virtanen? I feel like Dallas for once has all the picks in the next 3 drafts (they traded a lot of them in the past three years), but Virtanen could be an interesting piece for them. Middle six with a little spice. Gaudette maybe? If you're going for picks I would say a 2nd and a 5th?

Bigshow747

May 12, 2018
Too bad Laine is gone...
Even if they traded Klingberg for Laine, Laine's talent would have been wasted in this system. They also would then have three players getting paid close to 10 million a piece (when Laine got resigned). They also would lose their only real advantage other than goaltending in having Heiskanen or Klingberg on the ice for 45 of the game.

Dazed and Confused

Ludicrous speed, GO!
Aug 10, 2007
Berlin, Germany
I would kind Holland taking a look at Khudobin.

Though I got to ask why Dallas fans don't think he'll be protected?

Oettinger should be exempt (unless those 6 games in the AHL at the end of 18/19 after collage cost him that?), and Bishop is 34 with a wonky knee. That doesn't inspire much confidence that he'll get back to what he once was.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad