Dallas opens season after COVID delay, lets fans in

Status
Not open for further replies.

robertocarlos

Sep 19, 2014
I wonder how they split the money from attendance, concessions, and parking. The owner of the Stars is not doing so good right now in terms of business. He stopped building a hotel in Winnipeg which was part of our True North Square development with the Jets. The hotel business is bad.

I hope he gets all the money (profits).

SurferBroChad

Dec 17, 2018
Victoria BC
looks like they are pretty spaced out. dont seen an issue with this when i see people window shopping with their whole f***ing family at canadian tire to buy house plants during a pandemic. if you are going to cry about this but look away from the large crowds during boxing day ect you are a hypocrite.

Jugitsu

Dec 24, 2016
Finland
I didn't mean it like that (transmission between fans and players). I just meant it in an optics way and how seriously Dallas management is taking the pandemic. For example, could not taking it less seriously than many other teams possibly be why most of the team had more of a problem with it than any other team? I also know other teams are going to be letting fans into buildings soon, too, but it just seems strange that Dallas is the first (that I know of), considering.

I'm not an expert nor do I know the law in the US but if I had to guess, it has more to do with the local governing body whether people can attend or not. What I'm trying to say is that the fact that teams aren't allowed to have fans in attendance has nothing to do with what teams want. If the state allowed, you'd bet your ass that every single team would have full rafters already.

Reactions: robertocarlos

Bostonzamboni

Jan 26, 2019
On NHL.com, attendance was listed at 4,600 or so, so not even the 30% a poster mentioned above, as it seats 18,535 or so for hockey.

And remember, the Stars had limited fans in their arena several times in the Final for viewing parties. And I don't recall reading about any community spread from those events, right?

And Arizona listed just over 2,000 for their game tonight vs. Vegas. I think I read before their opener they're allowing more than that, but it seems they just don't have the demand to sell all their available seats. Maybe, maybe not? I think all three or so games have been only 2,000 plus.

Reactions: Osprey

Tage2Tuch

Because TheJackAttack is in Black
May 10, 2004
CAN
There have been fans let in for other sports and even the WWE has been doing it. They just aren't letting many fans in and when they are there are protocols and all that. It's fine.

this can’t be true because the last time I checked the wwe doesent have fans anymore.....;) lol or don’t deserve any

MrHeiskanen

Nov 12, 2017
Was the glass banging guy there, and if so, what was he banging on tonight?

He had his #BANG sign. He was in the same spot, but the row above the green banner advertising.

You can see him in his classic white suit to the left of the Toyota logo digital advertising on the glass in the picture from the OP.

Reactions: Del Preston

mouser

Business of Hockey
Jul 13, 2006
South Mountain
I am actually surprised they let fans in the lower level, if they want to have fans they should probably keep them in the upper level to minimize whatever chance to spread it to the players in the air, or what happens if a crazy fan decides to spit at the players or something, are they going to quarantine the players for a week

Just about all the Dallas players have antibodies by now. If anything you should be concerned for the fans, not the players.

Stubu

Dec 16, 2015
F.
He had his #BANG sign. He was in the same spot, but the row above the green banner advertising.

You can see him in his classic white suit to the left of the Toyota logo digital advertising on the glass in the picture from the OP.
It would have been classier to erect extra plexiglass around his seat for him to bang at. Sort of keeping with the 'rona countermeasures theme too.

oconnor9sean

Mar 3, 2013
DFW
No one forced anyone to go, all of the “pods” were spread out and everyone had masks on the whole time. It was definitely safer than the majority of these “outdoor” dining venues I’m seeing where the tables are barely spread out and people are maskless at their tables.

Spotty 2 Hotty

Special teams, special plays, special players
Feb 28, 2008
ATX
No one forced anyone to go, all of the “pods” were spread out and everyone had masks on the whole time. It was definitely safer than the majority of these “outdoor” dining venues I’m seeing where the tables are barely spread out and people are maskless at their tables.

Except for the folks you could see that didn't because somehow eating or drinking makes you immune from COVID. :sarcasm:

That being said, anyone who felt comfortable enough going has likely already been going about their daily lives the same way and have decided they don't care about the risks, so arguing about this shit is pointless.

Clint Eastwood

Eff the Habs
Nov 11, 2018
Some states are psycho about it. In California, you're supposed to wear your mask outside, even if there's no one around you, because our health official said people should assume the virus is in the air at all times, which is fear mongering.

Yeah, that's a bit nuts but does anyone actually enforce it?

If I'm at a bench reading a book with no mask, is a cop gonna come over and give me a ticket?

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Mar 4, 2004
Some states are psycho about it. In California, you're supposed to wear your mask outside, even if there's no one around you, because our health official said people should assume the virus is in the air at all times, which is fear mongering.
Those aren't the guidelines for mask wearing in California.

People in California must wear face coverings when they are outside of the home, unless one of the exemptions below applies.
Individuals are exempt from wearing face coverings in the following specific settings:

• Persons who are outdoors and maintaining at least 6 feet of social distancing from others not in their household. Such persons must have a face covering with them at all times and must put it on if they are within 6 feet of others who are not in their household.

guidance for face coverings

Got a link with some context to that California health official's statement about assuming the virus is in the air at all times?

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
Those aren't the guidelines for mask wearing in California.

guidance for face coverings

Got a link with some context to that California health official's statement about assuming the virus is in the air at all times?
[MOD]

the issue with fans at the game isn't during the actual game itself, since you can see they're spaced out pretty well. the problem arises when it comes time to leave and there are only a couple exits out of the arena, which causes bottleneck

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad