Dallas opens season after COVID delay, lets fans in

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
I dunno. Dallas had 17 players in COVID protocol and every game of theirs was postponed until tonight. Does it seem a little strange and look bad for them (of all teams) to be letting fans in the building when other teams still aren't? Are they not taking it seriously or is there nothing to see here? What say you?

NSHDAL.jpg

Last edited:

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
Look how far they are from the players. It's fine.

I didn't mean it like that (transmission between fans and players). I just meant it in an optics way and how seriously Dallas management is taking the pandemic. For example, could taking it less seriously than many other teams possibly be why the team had the major problem that it did? I also know that other teams are going to be letting fans into buildings soon, too, but it just seems strange that Dallas is the first (that I know of), considering.

Last edited:

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
Florida's been doing it (and it led to a shitshow of a thread a couple of days ago).

Ah. I missed that news and the thread. I know that Florida had a number of games postponed, but I thought that that was because they were scheduled to play Dallas. Did they have their own COVID protocol issues? Either way, I can see why that thread didn't go well and you're welcome for Part 2.

DistantThunderRep

Mar 8, 2018
Ah. I missed that news and the thread. I know that Florida had a number of games postponed, but I thought that that was because they were scheduled to play Dallas. Did they have their own COVID protocol issues? Either way, I can see why that thread didn't go well and you're welcome for Part 2.
Games were postponed because of Dallas. Same happened with Tampa, but Tampa isn't allowing fans.

Reactions: Osprey

KCC

Aug 15, 2007
I dunno. Dallas had 17 players in COVID protocol and every game of theirs was postponed until tonight. Does it seem a little strange and look bad for them (of all teams) to be letting fans in the building when other teams still aren't? Are they not taking it seriously or is there nothing to see here? What say you?

NSHDAL.jpg
There have been fans let in for other sports and even the WWE has been doing it. They just aren't letting many fans in and when they are there are protocols and all that. It's fine.

Green

Nov 13, 2019
I am actually surprised they let fans in the lower level, if they want to have fans they should probably keep them in the upper level to minimize whatever chance to spread it to the players in the air, or what happens if a crazy fan decides to spit at the players or something, are they going to quarantine the players for a week

KCC

Aug 15, 2007
Florida's been doing it (and it led to a shitshow of a thread a couple of days ago).

Yes, but it's Florida. Because of that, WWE wants to have 30K fans each night during their biggest PPV in a few months (WM is 2 nights). Keep in mind it's in a stadium so 30K would not even be half attendance in a football stadium.

Last edited by a moderator:

MrHeiskanen

Nov 12, 2017
I am actually surprised they let fans in the lower level, if they want to have fans they should probably keep them in the upper level to minimize whatever chance to spread it to the players in the air, or what happens if a crazy fan decides to spit at the players or something, are they going to quarantine the players for a week

Yes, because I can think of those millions of instances of fans spitting on hockey players.. happens at least 30 times every season.

How do you come up with this stuff?

TheNorthStars

Stars/Leafs
Sep 3, 2018
Yeah this might have been an issue awhile back but so many leagues have fans in attendance, much more than the Stars had in the building.

I dont get the whole optics thing. Sure there was a covid outbreak amongst the team but this looks bad now? Theyve quarantined and are healthy. Why shouldnt fans be let in at 30% capacity? Its not like theyre packing the building and not following social distance guidelines... Give me a break.

Revelation

Aug 15, 2016
Yeah this might have been an issue awhile back but so many leagues have fans in attendance, much more than the Stars had in the building.

I dont get the whole optics thing. Sure there was a covid outbreak amongst the team but this looks bad now? Theyve quarantined and are healthy. Why shouldnt fans be let in at 30% capacity? Its not like theyre packing the building and not following social distance guidelines... Give me a break.

Also those fans would be congregating at bars or houses watching the game, whereas here they're socially distanced on camera for the whole world to watch and monitor/snitch on. My team doesn't have fans so I've been forced to watch from packed bars/hotel rooms, if one person there has covid we're all dead lol (could even be me :eek:)

You can easily make the argument that they care more about their fans than other teams who are throwing their fans to the small space indoor gathering wolves

Reactions: Bostonzamboni
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->