Rumor: Dallas/Nashville Interested in Jeff Carter

BallPointHammer

Los Angeles Kings - We're Back!
Oct 25, 2006
Maryland
Aren't Carter and Quick on the salary cap recapture penalty list. Also if they retire early does that hurt the Kings too.

kings11

Sep 29, 2011
Las Vegas
Aren't Carter and Quick on the salary cap recapture penalty list. Also if they retire early does that hurt the Kings too.
Yup!
While Carter has threatened to retire the truth is Nashville is a great, home type city(if that makes any sense) that he could fall in love with.. its Manhattan beach without the beach

Zal

Jan 12, 2009
We’ll(LA) likely have to retain the full amount if we want a respectable return because of his age, term, and cap. He can still skate well, so a “last hoorah” may just what he needs. A smart move would be to allow him to play on a wing to allow him to regain his scoring prowess. He’s one of the guys LA should look to move, along with a couple more.

Makar Goes Fast

grocery stick
Aug 17, 2012
downtown poundtown
$5.75 per is a bargain for a 60pt 2C... and the Kings are likely to retain some.. so how is this a tough contract?

jeff carter was a 60 pt player. he is not anymore. he has lots of term left and trending in the wrong direction. if LA retains then yeah it will def increase his value but without retention Carter is far from a nice option especially for nashville and dallas who need to be smart with their capspace.

kings11

Sep 29, 2011
Las Vegas
We’ll(LA) likely have to retain the full amount if we want a respectable return because of his age, term, and cap. He can still skate well, so a “last hoorah” may just what he needs. A smart move would be to allow him to play on a wing to allow him to regain his scoring prowess. He’s one of the guys LA should look to move, along with a couple more.
The full amount??? Thats beyond Ridiculous.. why don’t you do some research first before making sure a comment! The Kings as a team are trash this season.. for whatever reason..
Carter is one of the fittest players in the NHL
Before his freak Achilles injury he was an elite, consistent 60pt 2C who I might add came back after busting his ass and scored at a ppg... bet on him returning to that 55-60 point plateau..
some of you guys really don’t know shit

kings11

Sep 29, 2011
Las Vegas
jeff carter was a 60 pt player. he is not anymore. he has lots of term left and trending in the wrong direction. if LA retains then yeah it will def increase his value but without retention Carter is far from a nice option especially for nashville and dallas who need to be smart with their capspace.
Do some research before commenting guy, there is no was he still is.. you do know he hurt his Achilles last season only to return and score at a ppg while looking explosive, as for this season both Kopitar and Doughty along with the rest of the Kings are struggling.. but I’m sure they suck ass too right

Makar Goes Fast

grocery stick
Aug 17, 2012
downtown poundtown
Do some research before commenting guy, there is no was he still is.. you do know he hurt his Achilles last season only to return and score at a ppg while looking explosive, as for this season both Kopitar and Doughty along with the rest of the Kings are struggling.. but I’m sure they suck ass too right

as he stands today he has zero value. trending downward with a large contract. cap space is valuable in today's nhl.

Zal

Jan 12, 2009
The full amount??? Thats beyond Ridiculous.. why don’t you do some research first before making sure a comment! The Kings as a team are trash this season.. for whatever reason..
Carter is one of the fittest players in the NHL
Before his freak Achilles injury he was an elite, consistent 60pt 2C who I might add came back after busting his ass and scored at a ppg... bet on him returning to that 55-60 point plateau..
some of you guys really don’t know ****

Having been a fan since the early, ‘80s, i know plenty. The Kings either retain the full or at least a significant amount, or get a less in return.

Rather than spout drivel, why don’t you give me a case why I’m incorrect.

-he’s 34
-3 years left on his contract
- not a terrible cap hit, but still high for his age
-horrible season
-coming off a bad injury

You want a 2nd+prospect? You retain or take or cap dump.

Kingspiracy

Nov 13, 2006
I don't know whether we are seeing CBJ Carter, injured Carter or ageing Carter. Unfortunately he hasn't looked great this season. I love the guy and what he has accomplished in LA, but it could be a good time for him to move on.

Reactions: Ragernschnapple

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Yup!
While Carter has threatened to retire the truth is Nashville is a great, home type city(if that makes any sense) that he could fall in love with.. its Manhattan beach without the beach
One could say similar things about Columbus, and we all know how that went.

* * *​
Sounds like Carter for Johnson 2.0 time! Who says yes faster?
Pittsburgh fans.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
In re: Nashville getting him...

giphy.gif

I'm confused why a CBJ or any opposing fan would have that reaction. I know he dicked over the Jackets but I don't see how that's relevant to him going to NSH. Carter might be a good add but he's not the impact player he once was.

Syckle78

Nov 5, 2011
Redford, MI
So keep him. I'm sure you'll be winning a cup next year.

kings11

Sep 29, 2011
Las Vegas
Having been a fan since the early, ‘80s, i know plenty. The Kings either retain the full or at least a significant amount, or get a less in return.

Rather than spout drivel, why don’t you give me a case why I’m incorrect.

-he’s 34
-3 years left on his contract
- not a terrible cap hit, but still high for his age
-horrible season
-coming off a bad injury

You want a 2nd+prospect? You retain or take or cap dump.

Or they just hold on to him and watch regain his value... let’s call this what it is...

Teams see a Kings team that sucks ass.. they see a rebuild in the Kings future and assume everyone can be had(true) and are going to low ball them to death because that’s how you negotiate but let’s not pretend that Jeff Carter is some washed up player when even after the injury you described he busted his butt and came back from an injury most players a decade younger than him would have struggled to return from and to boot he scored 23 points in 25 games... but of course we all love stats and boy does everything LA Kings sucks so they must be desperate to live these guys...
well not really, they can keep him just like they’ll do with Toffoli and play the game again next season..

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad