GDT: Dallas @ Nashville Derby Day Edition

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
Adz must be at the game.

May I suggest Chocolate Bourbon Pecan pie? It is the new flavor at Kopp's today. It sounds Nashvillian to me and good for Derby Day.
No, I posted, you just missed it. :) But that's good, too. It's pretty similar to Derby Pie.

Reactions: bdub24

Flgatorguy87

Jul 7, 2011
East Nasty
That was intense.

Is Carrier better than Fabbro? He is crazy poised with the puck and has awesome instincts on gap control. 2 areas Fabbro is still struggling with. I would be interested to see the numbers for how often Carrier is allowing controlled entries.

Reactions: bdub24

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
That was intense.

Is Carrier better than Fabbro? He is crazy poised with the puck and has awesome instincts on gap control. 2 areas Fabbro is still struggling with. I would be interested to see the numbers for how often Carrier is allowing controlled entries.
Probably unfounded but I'm rather worried Seattle takes him. He's going to be a player.

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
Probably unfounded but I'm rather worried Seattle takes him. He's going to be a player.

Carrier has played 16 NHL games this season. To be in the expansion draft, he has to play 27 or more games this season or 54 or more games between last season and this season. Last season, he played only 3 NHL games, giving him 19.

Seattle can't draft Carrier. (I assume that playoff games don't count.)

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
Carrier has played 16 NHL games this season. To be in the expansion draft, he has to play 27 or more games this season or 54 or more games between last season and this season. Last season, he played only 3 NHL games, giving him 19.

Seattle can't draft Carrier. (I assume that playoff games don't count.)
He's in his fifth professional season, I believe the eligibility cut-off is 3. The games played requirement is the Preds have to expose at least one d-man that fits that criteria (Gudbransson and Boro both fit I think).

Reactions: Flgatorguy87

Gnashville

HFBoards Hall of Famer
Jan 7, 2003
Crossville
Moneypuck says that the Preds playoff odds are 81.23%.

Cups odds are 1.3%.
tenor.gif

herzausstein

Aug 31, 2014
West Virginia
That was intense.

wouldn’t say he’s better but perhaps more experienced? He hasn’t played as many NHL games but he spent years in the AHL. Fabbro is just playing his second full season of professional hockey. Carriers got some 250+ games of AHL experience and that really helps.

nine_inch_fang

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 8, 2004
Nashville
That was intense.

wouldn’t say he’s better but perhaps more experienced? He hasn’t played as many NHL games but he spent years in the AHL. Fabbro is just playing his second full season of professional hockey. Carriers got some 250+ games of AHL experience and that really helps.
He's not better talent/skill wise, Fabbro's natural ability, the way he reads the game from a defensive standpoint, and the tools/tricks he possesses are all better than Carrier.
Carrier is more seasoned and steady. As herzausstein said, he played 4+ seasons in the AHL and he's 2 years older than Fabbro. You should expect a steadier player.
The other huge thing that people don't think about is that we fans have watched every mistake Fabbro has made while adjusting to the pro game, while Carrier's mistakes where hidden from use by a 9 hour drive to Milwaukee. Instead of understanding development, forgetting and forgiving those mistakes people hold onto them like a grudge and use it as a justification to hate on the kid, just to have a whipping boy I guess.

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
He's not better talent/skill wise, Fabbro's natural ability, the way he reads the game from a defensive standpoint, and the tools/tricks he possesses are all better than Carrier.
Carrier is more seasoned and steady. As herzausstein said, he played 4+ seasons in the AHL and he's 2 years older than Fabbro. You should expect a steadier player.
The other huge thing that people don't think about is that we fans have watched every mistake Fabbro has made while adjusting to the pro game, while Carrier's mistakes where hidden from use by a 9 hour drive to Milwaukee. Instead of understanding development, forgetting and forgiving those mistakes people hold onto them like a grudge and use it as a justification to hate on the kid, just to have a whipping boy I guess.

Not me. Fabbro seems to fit in the NHL from the games that I have been able to watch. So does Carrier, who hasn't received a chance to really play in the NHL until this season. BTW, after his first year in Milwaukee, Carrier has made few mistakes. Carrier was the best Dman that I saw in the Admirals conference last season. He has doubters on here.

Seasoned and steady is what you want in a playoff-like game like last night against Dallas.

Byrddog isn't the only Preds fan who is a Negative Nancy. He is the worst by far.

nine_inch_fang

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 8, 2004
Nashville
Not me. Fabbro seems to fit in the NHL from the games that I have been able to watch. So does Carrier, who hasn't received a chance to really play in the NHL until this season. BTW, after his first year in Milwaukee, Carrier has made few mistakes. Carrier was the best Dman that I saw in the Admirals conference last season. He has doubters on here.

Seasoned and steady is what you want in a playoff-like game like last night against Dallas.

Byrddog isn't the only Preds fan who is a Negative Nancy. He is the worst by far.
I look forward to having them both in the lineup and knocking Benning to the press box.

Aurinko

Apr 1, 2015
Finland
this feels like a reverse jinx. it’s pretty obvious we would get carolina.

Very happy to see my boy haula finally starting to click.

There could not be any team worse to meet than Canes in the 1st round. I feel like some other teams might go to playoffs with some ego and possibly underperform (lets say Tampa/Toronto/VGK), but Canes will come prepared. I think there is semi-consensus that they are the hardest working team atm.

Reactions: Dynamite Time

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad