Dallas is 14-1-1 in their last 16

Kalamazoo Wings

May 4, 2010
Knee Deep
They’ve been so good lately and it’s crazy they’re missing Hintz and Klingberg

These 2 at the top of their game are maybe the 2 most entertaining Stars players to watch (beside Miro maybe) at least IMO. Will be awesome to have them back in the fold soon.

Stars really have some very underrated depth too. I think we all soured on the depth the past year or so, but with the top 6 going right now it's great to have guys like Perry, Dowling, Comeau, Faksa, Dickinson, Guri all able to chip in here and there. All players who have a little offensive upside and really all not afraid to go to the dirty areas or mix it up out there. Credit where credit is due, I think we've all been hard on Nill, but he's assembled somewhat of a good product here.

dcv2002

Jun 22, 2006
So, since October 19th..

WSH - 11-1-2 (24)
DAL - 11-1-1 (23)
NYI - 11-0-1 (23)
STL - 10-3-2 (22)

:skeptic:

So, NYI doesn't lose in regulation for a month, loses 1 pt on 1st place.
DAL goes 11-1-1 for a month, gains 1 pt on 1st place. Bizzaro world.

Reactions: Dynamite Time

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
So, since October 19th..

WSH - 11-1-2 (24)
DAL - 11-1-1 (23)
NYI - 11-0-1 (23)
STL - 10-3-2 (22)

:skeptic:

So, NYI doesn't lose in regulation for a month, loses 1 pt on 1st place.
DAL goes 11-1-1 for a month, gains 1 pt on 1st place. Bizzaro world.

Crazy, eh?

Dallas started out much slower than the others, too, so even with this blazing couple of weeks, they're still only holding a wild card spot. Not even in the top three of the Central yet.

Close, though!

Riddum

Nov 5, 2008
Montreal
DAL

That's some ridiculous defense.
What's funny is that lots of people on HF were dismissive of Dallas because their big guns were not tearing up the league like they usually do (points wise) because of the coach's system.

WhatWhat

Aug 7, 2014
Dowling saved the franchise. My vote for the Hart this year.

Im not super shocked that he has worked out there. Benn and Seguin had some of their best years next to Peverly and Eaves, 2 guys I would consider as complementary role players who allow the 2 top guys to play their game. That is exactly what Dowling is doing for 14 and 91 right now

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
I don't get why Dallas management is always taking shots at their top players.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
I don't get why Dallas management is always taking shots at their top players.

Always, as in, the one time last season? :dunno:

I imagine a lot is said to star players behind closed doors, on every NHL team, that they wouldn't want released to the media. Jim Lites aired out his frustration last season and the team responded with a run that was one wraparound away from a trip to the conference finals.

Reactions: Dave Karp

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
Honestly, to go from 1-7-1 to 13-8-2, now 3rd in the division and it's not even (American) Thanksgiving yet.

Like they flipped a switch or something, completely different team.

I still think the integration of Perry into the lineup/locker room played a big role.

Artemis Clyde Frog

Feb 1, 2019
Have only watched parts of their last 2 games but in the parts I saw Dallas looked like they were on steroids! Can be a very pleasant season if they keep this up for a majority of the games.

ZeHockeyFan

Apr 9, 2014
Honestly, to go from 1-7-1 to 13-8-2, now 3rd in the division and it's not even (American) Thanksgiving yet.

Like they flipped a switch or something, completely different team.

I still think the integration of Perry into the lineup/locker room played a big role

So you're saying that all they needed was a little groin-spearing?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad