Dallas GM blows gasket after hearing lottery results

SensGod

Feb 27, 2002
Scotia Bank Place
Visit site
Dallas General Manger Laurens Thie loses his cool after hearing NHL Draft lottery results!

Associated Press
5/2/2006 3:00:00 PM

DALLAS, Texas. (AP) - News out of the American Airlines Center is that Dallas GM is livid after learning that his team slipped into the 4th slot for the upcoming draft this June.

"We just can't get any breaks around here for (expletive removed) sakes! It's a travesty! How is this team supposed to build for the future when we keep on getting screwed by the NHL in the lottery!" proclaimed Mr. Thie after apparently tearing apart his office after he received the news of NHL Draft Lottery results from an NHL official.

There has been alot of nail biting the past few months around Dallas in regards to how the team was going to finish and how the draft lottery would work out for the Stars. The team has been scouting a great deal all over North America and in Europe this year and they appeared to have their hearts set on grabbing highly touted defensive prospect Erik Johnson from the national development program. "The kid is a difference maker. Just what we need on this team. Someone big, with balls and knows how to play defence." added Mr. Thie.

"The problem with this team isn't up front. We've re-signed Yashin and Horcoff to lead this team offensively and we're going to be bringing up Koivu and Parise next year as well. We need to get that mess of a blue line sorted out this off season and I'll be willing to do just about anything to shore up our defensive corps so that we don't have to rely on Miika to save our bacon on a nightly basis." added Thie after picking up what was left of the telephone he used to recieve the bad news. "I'm going to shop the pick. We need a defenceman or two badly that will be able to step into this team within 2 years and play a top 4 role".

It appears that Dallas is going to be one of the biggest movers and shakers this year at the draft. Thie needs to remember that there are still very good young players out there to be had. A top 5 pick isn't something to be thrown around too lightly with this draft year. He needs to remember that one of Staal, Toews, Kessel, Backstrom or Frolik is going to be available when the Stars go up to pick. These are supremely gifted offensive players which can not be over looked. But, it can be understood Mr. Thie's dilema, none of these players are the defenceman the Stars need so badly.

HFNHL Red Wings

Well written Laurens. Your articles are always so well done we'd love to see more of them. :cheers:

Dr.Sens(e)

Feb 27, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site
How do you think I felt when I had Dallas' first pick last year - attained several years earlier with the hope of having a shot at Crosby - only to have it end up being the 27th pick with the pure lottery that took place due to the lock-out.

That sucked.

SensGod

Feb 27, 2002
Scotia Bank Place
Visit site
Dr.Sens(e) said:
How do you think I felt when I had Dallas' first pick last year - attained several years earlier with the hope of having a shot at Crosby - only to have it end up being the 27th pick with the pure lottery that took place due to the lock-out.

That sucked.

Oh lord...OUCH!

Hossa

Feb 27, 2002
Abroad
Visit site
Dr.Sens(e) said:

That sucked.

There's only room for one lucky Sens fan in the HFNHL, and that would be me. That is of course because I won consecutive loterries to be able to draft Eric Staal and Evgeny Malkin. ;)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->