Dallas Eakins

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
So you want to give him 40 games? I believe unfortunately this is the era of disposable coaches. Not sure if ownership is as patient as in the past. Hopefully the under 22 group will develop fast.
No. I want to give him a full season. Why? Because there are too many moving parts right now. We have a new coach, a new system, a transitioning team with new players to the NHL, injuries to key D men, goaltending not as strong as we all expected, and a meddling GM who we know is forcing at least some issues.

I don’t think anybody is surprised by the results so far but it’s unrealistic to think anyone can pinpoint how much of anything is or isn’t on the new coach.

There is zero percent chance this team would fire any new coach in this situation. It’s not in their DNA.

Reactions: Ducks DVM

nilssont

May 27, 2007
I think he has done well.
Look at our roster and especially the D. We dont have any superstars or even close to.
If we can sort out special teams this team is fine.
If anyones ass should be on the line, its Murrays. Lol our d depth has gone from best to really bad in 2 years

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
It can take 20 games just to learn a new system. He hasn’t even had an NHL defense for most of that. Anyone giving any grade other than “incomplete” has an agenda.

What are you talking about? Sheldon Keefe just guaranteed the Leafs this years cup and has been declared the best coach of all time after two games. 25 is plenty of time to grade Eakins...

Magnus the Duck

Nov 7, 2014
Sweden

MilesNewton

Jul 7, 2019
This isn't remotely an era of disposable coaches. You really couldn't be any more wrong.
This isn't remotely an era of disposable coaches. You really couldn't be any more wrong.
Cooper Tampa Bay Lightning was hired in March of 2013. That makes him the longest tenured, currently working head coach in the league. Half of the remaining 30 head coaches have less than two years on the job.

Aug 11, 2011
Am Yisrael Chai
Cooper Tampa Bay Lightning was hired in March of 2013. That makes him the longest tenured, currently working head coach in the league. Half of the remaining 30 head coaches have less than two years on the job.
So? That doesn't say what you think it says.

Anyway, how often is a brand-new, not interim coach fired after just a couple dozen games? You're being ridiculous and you're doing it over and over.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad