Dallas Eakins Appreciation

TYayo

Sep 10, 2009
I see a lot of guys here going on about RC should be getting coach of the year etc so far for the early part of the season but lets just have a moment and recognize how important Dallas Eakins has also been for this team this year.
The long run to the Calder cup final and his coaching had made the depth on this team really stand out this year.

Kadri
Frattin
Scrivens
Holzer
Fraser
All have seen great development under him - Not to mention Kostka (although he was only there for start of this year)

And what he's doing with Gardiner right now..see Sportsnet.ca quotes.

"Gardiner need only point to his most recent stretch of games as proof that he's returned to his former self.

With Toronto Marlies coach Dallas Eakins choosing to dress just five defencemen of late, Gardiner has barely left the ice. He played a mind-boggling 34 minutes during a 2-1 shootout loss to Houston on Monday afternoon, according to stats kept by the team, and made a fantastic play to set up Toronto's only goal.

"I'm pretty tired," Gardiner said afterwards. "It was a long game."

That was news to his coach.

"That's probably the best game I've seen Jake Gardiner play all year," said Eakins. "And he played some really good ones for us early on in the season, pre-lockout. I was impressed by that young man here today."
:handclap:

Lebanese Leaf

Sep 19, 2009
Toronto, ON
Eakins is the man. I only hope this secret is kept long enough from other teams so that he can be the future coach of the Leafs. I got nothing but respect and admiration for the man.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
I think he'll be in the NHL next year.

King or Dineen will take over, unless they follow him of course.

PoisonMushroom

I'm a fungi!
Mar 8, 2006
If they can somehow make it worthwhile for Dallas to stay with the Marlies instead of taking an NHL job, pay this man whatever he wants. He's done wonders for the development of our young players.

Just as one example, Kadri has always had the skill to be an NHL player, but I don't think a couple years ago he could have played the role he's playing now. He was one-dimensional. Playing for Eakins has taught him how to be a complete NHL player, and it seems every guy the Marlies send up have the same mentality. It makes for great consistency throughout the organization.

mikebel111*

Eakins is a class act, as a person and coach
He has developed our players really well, treats his players like his own son
I have all respect for this amazing person

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
I will definitely cheer for whatever team hr ends up coaching in the NHL. He deserves all the success.

Tarmore

Nov 11, 2008
I sure hope the Leafs are paying Dallas Eakins 'NHL money'

Heck it desn't come off the salary cap they should make him one of the top 10 paid coaches, I think that highly of him, well you get the idea.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
Eakins is doing a great job of player development and preparing players for the NHL for the Leafs.

He will be getting a NHL opportunity himself to coach at the next level as his resume of success continues to build.

leafsfuture

Mar 30, 2008
I sure hope the Leafs are paying Dallas Eakins 'NHL money'

Heck it desn't come off the salary cap they should make him one of the top 10 paid coaches, I think that highly of him, well you get the idea.

I know last year Burkie said that Davis Nonis gets paid big bucks so that other teams wouldnt be able to acquire him. I wonder if Eakins is on the same sort of thing.

Anth93

Jul 2, 2012
I'm still curious to see what he can do with Colborne and Ashton, but there's no doubt he's been absolutely terrific as a minor league coach. He'll probably have a handful of job offers this summer.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad