Dallas Cowboys are in trouble

Sep 19, 2008
It is hilarious to say that Dak is the issue I agree. But I do not agree that we have nothing around him. With Zeke, Cooper, Beasley, Gallup and the offensive line we have that should be plenty to be ranked in top 15 in the league when it comes to offence. Dallas is ranked 29th out of 32 teams!!!! 29TH, are you kidding me.

Don't act like these players are any good :laugh: The reason yall traded for Cooper is because the Cowboys receivers were literally taken off the streets. It is widely known they had an awful receiving corps going into the season.

Part of it is coaching (mainly Linehan not using Zeke) but part of it is also the aforementioned WR issue. It is a serious problem with the Cowboys. Dak would be better if he had receiving help.

Reality Check

May 28, 2008
I know a lot of people here don't like the First Take posts but damn it they're posted because they're absolutely hilarious. The way Irvin sweats throughout so much that people have to come on set and wipe him down is great. He's delusional about his Cowboys and kept trying to hype up the crowd :laugh:

I don't watch First Take. But I'll occasionally watch clips on You Tube every now and then. It's not as absurd as it used to be with Skip Bayless.

I have to imagine they'll be poking fun at Irvin on NFL Gameday Morning on Sunday about this. Man looked liked he was preaching in church.

Reactions: HFBCommenter

BlueForever75

Oct 4, 2017
Don't act like these players are any good :laugh: The reason yall traded for Cooper is because the Cowboys receivers were literally taken off the streets. It is widely known they had an awful receiving corps going into the season.

Part of it is coaching (mainly Linehan not using Zeke) but part of it is also the aforementioned WR issue. It is a serious problem with the Cowboys. Dak would be better if he had receiving help.

So your telling me that Tom Brady has a glut of talented receivers? He's made players like Ammendola, Hogan, Edelman, etc... who they are today along with the OC. How about Phillip Rivers in SD? Or Wentz/Foles in Philly? Or Smith in Washington? What makes any of the WR any more special the what the Cowboys have?

I wouldn't call Beasley garbage, or Gallup, or Williams, or Hurns. Its the misuse of the offensive playbook that makes them look worse then they are. As the previously mentioned QBs and WR cores look that much better based on how they are being utilized.

Sep 19, 2008
So your telling me that Tom Brady has a glut of talented receivers? He's made players like Ammendola, Hogan, Edelman, etc... who they are today along with the OC. How about Phillip Rivers in SD? Or Wentz/Foles in Philly? Or Smith in Washington? What makes any of the WR any more special the what the Cowboys have?

I wouldn't call Beasley garbage, or Gallup, or Williams, or Hurns. Its the misuse of the offensive playbook that makes them look worse then they are. As the previously mentioned QBs and WR cores look that much better based on how they are being utilized.

The Cowboys receivers prior to trading Cooper were the equivalent of HFBoards posters on the team.

BlueForever75

Oct 4, 2017

Dak would be better if the OC and HC put their weapons in a position to succeed with existing personnel. Zeke touched the ball 6 times in second half of last game and the game was tied 14-14 until the 4th quarter. Give your head a shake. Blaming any of the struggles on Dak or WR is false. Why is it Beasley can average 8-10 targets a game prior to last game and last game he wasn't targeted until there were 4 min left in the game? Does this make any sense? We basically took 2 of our most productive players Zeke and Beasley out of the game. Ourselves, not that they were taken out by the Titans. We literally took them out of the game. Why?

BlueForever75

Oct 4, 2017
The Cowboys receivers prior to trading Cooper were the equivalent of HFBoards posters on the team.

Funny guy or gal. You obviously know nothing about football if you cannot see the Cowboys struggles on offence has more to do with play calling and utilizing their better players then how the WR unit stacks up to other teams in the NFL. Let me ask where do you rank Zeke in terms of RB in the NFL? How about the Cowboys OL? Where is their talent compared to other teams? If the answer is in the top 5 as it should be, then they are playing like crap as well.....and are playing no where close to their abilities. Why? Because of play calling that is impacting their performance. End of story.

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
Dak would be better if the OC and HC put their weapons in a position to succeed with existing personnel. Zeke touched the ball 6 times in second half of last game and the game was tied 14-14 until the 4th quarter. Give your head a shake. Blaming any of the struggles on Dak or WR is false. Why is it Beasley can average 8-10 targets a game prior to last game and last game he wasn't targeted until there were 4 min left in the game? Does this make any sense? We basically took 2 of our most productive players Zeke and Beasley out of the game. Ourselves, not that they were taken out by the Titans. We literally took them out of the game. Why?
But that's not entirely true. How was Beasley not involved? He was running routes on every passing down. This isn't Madden where the OC is deciding which receiver gets the ball by choosing what throw to make. Dak is given multiple options on every pass called.

Beasley did have a target earlier in the game when Dak totally over threw him for what would have been a TD. Beasley not getting the ball was Dak's fault.

Last edited:

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
Funny guy or gal. You obviously know nothing about football if you cannot see the Cowboys struggles on offence has more to do with play calling and utilizing their better players then how the WR unit stacks up to other teams in the NFL. Let me ask where do you rank Zeke in terms of RB in the NFL? How about the Cowboys OL? Where is their talent compared to other teams? If the answer is in the top 5 as it should be, then they are playing like crap as well.....and are playing no where close to their abilities. Why? Because of play calling that is impacting their performance. End of story.
The Cowboys don't have a top five line. That hasn't been true since 2016.

Zeke is a top five back, but this is a passing league. See, Giants, NY.

BlueForever75

Oct 4, 2017
The Cowboys don't have a top five line. That hasn't been true since 2016.

Zeke is a top five back, but this is a passing league. See, Giants, NY.

Are you kidding me? Yes the oline wasn't as dominate as 2016 in 2017. But they were still a top 5 oline in 2017. This season they still have one of the best in the league with Pro Bowlers Smith and Martin on the line. The Fredrick loss hurts but they haven't been chopped liver. With Zeke being a top 5 back, and our oline not being chopped liver, there is no reason this team is struggling like they are. Our WR group hasn't been the greatest I agree. But the bad play calling has contributed to all of this. Teams are focusing on the run every 1st down. Second they come get Dak with blitzes all the time. OC needs to change it up or leave. And Garrett needs to be a HC and demand the change.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
But that's not entirely true. How was Beasley not involved? He was running routes on every passing down. This isn't Madden where the OC is deciding which receiver gets the ball by choosing what throw to make. Dak is given multiple options on every pass called.

Beasley did have a target earlier in the game when Dak totally over threw him for what would have been a TD. Beasley not getting the ball was Dak's fault.

Is this serious? You don't think a QB has primary and secondary reads on each play?

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
Is this serious? You don't think a QB has primary and secondary reads on each play?

Let's be real QB's usually know where they are going with the ball pre-snap. They look at the defense and find the match up they like. This idea that they drop back and scan the field is absurd. They have 2.5 seconds to throw. If QB's did what fans think they should do..sack numbers would be insane.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Let's be real QB's usually know where they are going with the ball pre-snap. They look at the defense and find the match up they like. This idea that they drop back and scan the field is absurd. They have 2.5 seconds to throw. If QB's did what fans think they should do..sack numbers would be insane.

Of course. They also know what's worked in practice and what hasn't.

There's lots of just looking at one defender and then pass to one of two guys based off of what that one guy does. Or they don't like anything so you hit your RB as an outlet.. that's it.

People see pictures of Trey Burton wide open in the end zone and think Trubisky is an idiot.. this kind of stuff happens all the time. Lamar Jackson was wide open this week and Flacco doesn't look at him because when they practiced that play Jackson was covered every time.

YEM

Mar 7, 2010
all I know is that the Cowboys ooze mediocrity at almost every position along with the coaching staff and the front office

Feb 24, 2017
Are you kidding me? Yes the oline wasn't as dominate as 2016 in 2017. But they were still a top 5 oline in 2017. This season they still have one of the best in the league with Pro Bowlers Smith and Martin on the line. The Fredrick loss hurts but they haven't been chopped liver. With Zeke being a top 5 back, and our oline not being chopped liver, there is no reason this team is struggling like they are. Our WR group hasn't been the greatest I agree. But the bad play calling has contributed to all of this. Teams are focusing on the run every 1st down. Second they come get Dak with blitzes all the time. OC needs to change it up or leave. And Garrett needs to be a HC and demand the change.
Dominant

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
TBF Beasley's not a half bad slot receiver. It's more the fact Dallas has absolutely jack **** at the one and two spots. Cooper hasn't been good since like 2016, Terrance Williams for some reason still has a job with the Cowboys and Allen Hurns was always a flash in the pan made to look better by having a freak in Allen Robinson on the otherside of the field.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad