Dale Mitchell?....

Discussion in 'NHL Draft - Prospects' started by Brooklyndevil, Jun 16, 2007.

View Users: View Users
  1. Brooklyndevil

Brooklyndevil I live Hockey.

I'm wondering if the Devs should use the 58th pick to take him if available. I only heard that he's a bull for his size @ 5-9 and 207 pounds. Any info would be much appreciated?

2. markzab

markzab Registered User

I actually selected him in my sim league's draft. I did a lot of research on him to make my decision to grab him where I did. I created a write-up on my first 3 selections in the draft and Dale Mitchell was the 2nd guy. Here is a link to my write-up and it also has some links you can follow to read more if you like.

http://www.nefhl.com/news/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=306

3. Brooklyndevil

Brooklyndevil I live Hockey.

I know the Devils need some size on the wings, but I find this kid interesting and it seems like he plays big. Thanks.

4. rt

rt DingDongTippIsGone! Sponsor

From what I understand, the biggest knock on him is that he's fat. I've read that he's just a naturally bulky kid, and there's alot of power under the soft exterior. I don't find it to be a big deal, at all. Apparently he's a good skater, and he'll have plenty of time to work on his conditioning and physique. I haven't seen anything that leads me to believe that he'll be unwilling or unable to get himself into better hockey shape as he grows older. We're talking about a seventeen year old, here. If the only reason you pass on a promising kid that age is because he's a bit pudgy, there is a good chance you'll be kicking yourself over it later.

5. hfboardsuser

hfboardsuser Registered User

Mitchell's a guy I really like. He understands how to play both ends of the ice. His concentration is excellent for such a young player- he pays attention to every play, every pass, and has the size and strength and courage to get involved.

The thing that puts him over the top is his knuckler of a wristshot. I've seen him put home numerous pro-quality shots in every area of the net.