Confirmed Signing with Link: [DAL] Valeri Nichushkin signs with the Stars (2 years, $2.95M AAV)

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Damn I thought Nuke would have a good season but he has been ****ing terrible this year

Yeah right from the start nothing went the way we thought :laugh:I thought he was gonna spend time with Benn and Seguin but he hasn't played with them together at all this season

There's been positives to his game for the most part but not having a goal yet this season just rightfully overshadows them all. He gets so many chances too it feels like

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
Unless you want to attempt to spread the scoring out
More than anything, I’m just reflexively offended at the mythical level his 34 point rookie season maintains. It wasn’t special. There was no magic. It was him being carried by two emerging star players. Two guys who went on to have their best seasons after Nichushkin was replaced by a series of better players like Sharp, Eakin, Eaves, and Radulov.

Reactions: DarthProbert

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
He's actually looked pretty good and is passing the eye test, just can't seem to ever get himself onto the stat sheet. Which, at the end of the day, is one of the more important aspects of hockey.

His shot may have actually gotten worse, though. It's f***ing embarrassing, honestly. A good beer-league player probably has a better shot.

AveryStar4Eva

Aug 28, 2014
Everyone knows his shot is trash, but I’ve liked the rest of his game. Next year (or this year) I would love to see a line of Nuke/Dickinson/Gurianov. Put him with two guys that can actually bury the puck.

pbatx

Feb 26, 2015
Austin, TX
I know, I know, he can't elevate the puck and no goals, but if you watch the games, he seems even quicker this year, more physical on the boards, wins more battles and passes really well, especially around the net. If we had real lines, he would be a perfect 3/4 winger on a line with some finishers.

They only problem is we have 3 - 4th lines and no finishers.

MrHeiskanen

Nov 12, 2017
If you look at his overall game, not half bad. I disliked his overall game a lot more in his first few seasons with the Stars, overstaying shifts, lazy back check, dumb defensive decisions, etc. but he was putting up decent numbers.

Now in his return, he can't put up points or score, but he can work pucks deep better, is smoother in his play, defensively is pretty good, has gotten PK time, and doesn't overstay his shifts.

If only he could have matured his game -- and put up points like he did his rookie year. Even 30-40 point season, everyone would be happy then because his overall game is sound and he is a 40 point guy.

Clayonator

Aug 11, 2018
Vancouver
Everyone knows his shot is trash, but I’ve liked the rest of his game. Next year (or this year) I would love to see a line of Nuke/Dickinson/Gurianov. Put him with two guys that can actually bury the puck.

That could probably be mitigated if he crashed the net more overall, as opposed to trying to score from relative distance. Always liked his toolbox and potential.

AveryStar4Eva

Aug 28, 2014
That could probably be mitigated if he crashed the net more overall, as opposed to trying to score from relative distance. Always liked his toolbox and potential.

He does need to change up his offencive style to score more goals. I feel like he knows his shot is trash so he’s focused more on playmaking this season. But he can be a bull when he wants to be.

Reactions: Clayonator

ZeHockeyFan

Apr 9, 2014
What’s the over under on him still being in Dallas by the end of this contract?

Oh, he'll hang on to him Nill likes his home brews, even if they're made out of urine. See, trading him away would be a stark admission of his first ever draft pick as a GM being a bust. So he's not letting him go.

That's something his. successor will have to do.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad