Confirmed with Link: DAL trades Derek Roy to VAN for 2nd R '13/Kevin Connauton

ginblossoms

Apr 1, 2002
Visit site
That's actually cool to know. Morrow and KConn can both bomb it. Feel bad for anybody Texas plays now!

yes... with these moves, gm joe making a run for the playoffs... for the texas stars! it'll be interesting to follow for us. and perhaps ritchie can pull a jamie benn and dominate for 'em, too.

Cin

Eurosnob.
Feb 29, 2008
Austin, TX
yes... with these moves, gm joe making a run for the playoffs... for the texas stars! it'll be interesting to follow for us. and perhaps ritchie can pull a jamie benn and dominate for 'em, too.

I'm really excited to see Ritchie in there with this team. Absolute powerhouse for in front of the net while Morrow blasts pucks at the net all game.

Mr Misty

The Irons Are Back!
Feb 20, 2012
From someone who watched Connauton regularly in the AHL: you have a project on your hands but with a possibility of great rewards if things go just right.

The biggest problem for Connauton is that he's only truly a positive factor for 15-20 games a year. He has a big shot but he's not a puck moving D, more of a puck rushing one (and even then not the best at it). He does play physical and skates pretty well. He needs to keep developing his other offensive tools outside of his shot. His hockey IQ and decision making are suspect (at best). He's at his best when he's trying to push the pace, taking risks, etc.

In the games that he's truly on he can be a very good player and can control the game at the AHL level but then he'll go on a streak of 20 games where you wish he wasn't even on your team. I think some consideration should be given to having him play wing but that's just my opinion.

Great! We have a fantastic track record developing defensemen!

ElGuapo

^Plethora of piñatas
Nov 30, 2010
Nomad
I like Oleksiak's shot because he can do it with a wrister or a slapper, and he's very smart about when he uses it and where he places it.

Oleksiak has some real offensive potential. Don't know if he'll end up hitting that potential but I can see signs of it. And the #'s he's put up as an AHL rookie are impressive. Better than Morrow or Conn actually(although sounds like Morrow was in a really defensive system before the trade).

Blue Suede Shoes

hound dog
May 5, 2012
Hey guys, Canucks fan here. This has all probably been mentioned but here's my 2 cents on K-Con - (keep in mind I'm just an amateur 'armchair scout', and though I've seen a lot of his games, take this with a grain of salt).

I always liked Connauton, I said before that he will play in the NHL at some capacity, and I still believe that today. Boom or bust type. Big, physical dman with a wicked shot, great offensive instincts and good puck skills. Fast and smooth skater.

After his NHL draft, he joined the major junior ranks with the Vancouver Giants of the Western Hockey League (WHL) in 2009–10. He set franchise records for most goals and points by a defenceman, while being named a WHL West First Team All-Star.
-Wiki

He was an AHL all star last year which was his second year as a pro. The dude can score goals. Where he struggles a lot is on the defensive side of the game. He needs some work, but if he can put it together you got yourselves a beauty.

I'm honestly just glad that he can get a chance with a new organization, that might have a bit more room for him. Wish him all the best!

Cin

Eurosnob.
Feb 29, 2008
Austin, TX
I've changed my mind on this deal. I don't know why I completely blanked about who this dude is. KConn is pretty fun to watch, but if I've ever seen a defenseman that needs to be a winger, it's this ****ing guy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DgLKJtSUwGA

I remember that game against Texas later on through the video(2:45), and that shot had everybody just saying wtf.

Good move, but still think better value could've been had.

Oh, and deuce Larsen.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
That was more of a joke than an actual comparison with the whole "he should be a winger" thing.

Frozen Failure

They got business in my hockey, and I hate it.
Nov 13, 2007
DFW
You mean you've never watched Trevor Daley, ever?

**** it trade Robidas put Connauton next to Dillon.

keslerburrows

Mar 9, 2011
Vernon, Canada
If you guys are looking for good news. Look at K-Conns WHL stats... Insane..

But realistically. He is a project. He is like a d-man trying to play forward.. Pretty frustrating to watch.

Is there reason to be excited about Roy?

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
Is there reason to be excited about Roy?
He's a fine player. He's not as good as he was a few seasons ago. It seems like he might still be recovering from his shoulder injury. I don't know for sure, but every time he's knocked to the ice, he stays down fairly long, like he's in some real pain.

He's better than what you had, so or that you should be excited.

oconnor9sean

Mar 3, 2013
DFW
Joe Morrow, Kevin Connauton, Alex Goligoski and someone right handed..

Our future blueline on the PP is looking like it's going to be lethal.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Joe Morrow, Kevin Connauton, Alex Goligoski and someone right handed..

Our future blueline on the PP is looking like it's going to be lethal.

Please be Larsen.

Goligoski has done nothing to deserve to be on this list either.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad