Claimed off Waivers: [DAL] Sami Vatanen claimed off waivers by the Stars from the Devils

AveryStar4Eva

Aug 28, 2014
I’m alright with it. Our bottom pair has basically been a rotation of alright guys all year, why not add another one to the mix

MrHeiskanen

Nov 12, 2017
There is three scenarios on this claim:

1) Replacement for Oleksiak, and Oleksiak is on the move.
2) Replacement for Pysyk, and Pysyk is on the move.
3) Replacement for Sekera, Sekera got hurt in last nights game and the injury is long term.

Guess we wait and find out.

Unspecified

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Apr 29, 2015
Sekera probably broke something last night blocking a shot. Makes sense i guess.
Yea that was a rocket off the tongue of his skate. I have taken many of shots off that part of the skate and it is crippling. Granted this was an NHL shot so it could very well be a broken foot.

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
Dallas was one of the few teams that I thought might have a spot open for Vatanen. It's too bad we couldn't get an asset out of him but at least Vatanen can play some meaningful hockey down the stretch. Didn't look great this year but he was being used a bit sparingly (3rd pair, no power play time). Could see him rebounding in a different situation.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Isn't Vatanen a better player than Kulikov or has Vatanen falled off that much in recent years ? Just asking because Kulikov got traded while Vatanen was waived by the Devils.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->