Confirmed with Link: [DAL/NJ] Connor Carrick, 2019 DAL 3rd for Ben Jovejoy

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007

Lovejoy provided defensive stability to the Devils' bottom pairing and was a mainstay on one of the league's top penalty kill units in the last two seasons. He appeared in 190 games with New Jersey, averaging over 18 minutes of ice time per night.

Lovejoy was also influential in the development of defensemen Will Butcher and Steven Santini, who called the stay-at-home defenseman his "best friend."
"I don't think he ever saw me as a threat and I never saw him as a barrier to my development," Santini said earlier this week. "I think that speaks volumes about the character of Ben Lovejoy. He's a great man, a great teammate. He's so professional and he takes care of himself."

NJ Devils trade Ben Lovejoy to Stars for Connor Carrick

Last edited:

serp

Jan 17, 2016
I don't hate it. The team clearly needed another defenseman as insurance . Price seems a bit high but there aren't that many options available i guess.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
I mean i wathced Connor Carrick play and f*** up alot. I don't care about analytics if a players f***s up as much as Carrick did. You just don't want anything bad to happen when you use your third pairing and that was never the case with Carrick in the lineup.

Reactions: LatvianTwist

jballa95

Aug 18, 2013
Bit of an over-payment. Good PKer and not much else, let us hope this isn't Nill's only move.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
I get why they did it. Fedun has been fine, but not wanting him as the 6th makes sense. I just assumed the goal would be to push Polak down. I'm not sure if Lovejoy does that. He's a 3rd pair on a good team, and so is Polak.

I don't think you could argue they didn't get better so that is a plus. The downside, like Lawton said, is the market for RD is really weak. Most of the media members have said LA really doesn't want to trade Martinez after moving Muzzin.

Reactions: LatvianTwist

catters078

Jun 18, 2008
Australia
I dont hate the acquisition...i dont like losing a 3rd though.

That could have been a chip a a deal for a fwd we need.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
I think the price is high, but I'm not worried about this deal impacting a forward acquisition. The quality of forward they need is higher than a 3rd.

Henderson33

Jun 4, 2012
Nova Scotia
I don't really care about the move, overpaid by one round with the pick but Carrick/Honka are useless and we needed someone there besides them.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
Lovejoy provided defensive stability to the Devils' bottom pairing and was a mainstay on one of the league's top penalty kill units in the last two seasons. He appeared in 190 games with New Jersey, averaging over 18 minutes of ice time per night.

Lovejoy was also influential in the development of defensemen Will Butcher and Steven Santini, who called the stay-at-home defenseman his "best friend."
"I don't think he ever saw me as a threat and I never saw him as a barrier to my development," Santini said earlier this week. "I think that speaks volumes about the character of Ben Lovejoy. He's a great man, a great teammate. He's so professional and he takes care of himself."

NJ Devils trade Ben Lovejoy to Stars for Connor Carrick

MBTendy

May 6, 2009
I’ll assume the price for a top 4 D was too high so Nill settled for a veteran top 6 D. Better than nothing.

Now we wait for that forward deal.

Reactions: Henderson33

serp

Jan 17, 2016
I’ll assume the price for a top 4 D was too high so Nill settled for a veteran top 6 D. Better than nothing.

Now we wait for that forward deal.

I don't even know what legit top4 guy is still available ? Nick Jensen got a really big haul from the Caps yesterday . Not much defense available.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
I don't even know what legit top4 guy is still available ? Nick Jensen got a really big haul from the Caps yesterday . Not much defense available.

McQuaid was pretty much the only other option that is definitely going to get traded, and we know Toronto was pushing for a RD. I guess Dallas liked Lovejoy over McQuaid.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad