Confirmed Signing with Link: [DAL] F Kyle McDonald signs ELC with the Stars (3 years, $870k AAV; begins 2023-24)

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
I get the Kyrou signing the other day, one of their top blueline prospects......not sure where they found this kid though. :laugh:

Undrafted, was he a training camp invitee earlier and they just tracked him all season?

SpitfireHabs1

Dec 3, 2021
Southern Ontario
28 goals in 38 games = 0,73 goals per game.

In comparison: Matvei Petrov (Oilers prospect) has 26 goals in 60 games.

What's McDonalds ceiling/upside?
Seen him Play in the OHL For Windsor for a few years. Big Body that has improved his all around game since entering the OHL. Not going to throw a bunch of hits or fight but he knows how to use his big frame to get to the areas needed to score. hell of a shot release and skating has improved a bunch since his rookie year in the OHL. Hard to say his Ceiling. Still he has to improve his skating to make it to the NHL Level and needs to Work on his 200 Foot game a bit to be a 3rd or 4th line type of player. But could see him playing NHL Games in 3-5 Years from now in a 3rd or 4th line Big body role out in front of the net. I mean he definitely has potential to be more then just a 3rd or 4th line guy, he does have skill but don't know if he will ever reach that level. Time will inevitably tell. Also a Former Teammate of Wyatt Johnston for a few seasons.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
Seen him Play in the OHL For Windsor for a few years. Big Body that has improved his all around game since entering the OHL. Not going to throw a bunch of hits or fight but he knows how to use his big frame to get to the areas needed to score. hell of a shot release and skating has improved a bunch since his rookie year in the OHL. Hard to say his Ceiling. Still he has to improve his skating to make it to the NHL Level and needs to Work on his 200 Foot game a bit to be a 3rd or 4th line type of player. But could see him playing NHL Games in 3-5 Years from now in a 3rd or 4th line Big body role out in front of the net. I mean he definitely has potential to be more then just a 3rd or 4th line guy, he does have skill but don't know if he will ever reach that level. Time will inevitably tell. Also a Former Teammate of Wyatt Johnston for a few seasons.

Ah, there it is.

Now I understand this signing completely. :laugh:

Had to look it up but there was another former linemate who went undrafted that they took a long look at, during training camp. Logan Morrison.

Thought he'd stick around but I don't think he ever ended up signing with the Stars.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad