Dal Colle is a bust.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Barzilla

Sep 16, 2009
Dirty O
For being 22 and picked at 5OA, that doesn't make him unbust
While you’re correct. He’s improved tremendously this year. He was playing great in the AHL, which had them call him up. And while he hasn’t been lighting the lamp, he’s been playing pretty solid. Jury is still out on him. But I’ve liked what I’ve seen. Seems to have a higher compete level than in years past. Sometimes players take longer to get IT.

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
My boy has looked excellent in the NHL. He was lighting the AHL on fire this year scoring at will. He’s come up playing on our third line and has looked like an nhl player every step of the way. He’s playing fast and playing 2way hockey. He’s been flying out there. So happy he got his first nhl goal. Well deserved.

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
My boy has looked excellent in the NHL. He was lighting the AHL on fire this year scoring at will. He’s come up playing on our third line and has looked like an nhl player every step of the way. He’s playing fast and playing 2way hockey. He’s been flying out there. So happy he got his first nhl goal. Well deserved.
I haven't watched him.

I assume you would say he's played better than his stat line would indicate?

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
I haven't watched him.

I assume you would say he's played better than his stat line would indicate?

Yes absolutely. He’s on a checking/defensive line and Trotz wants them to play responsibly. He’s got his chances. He’s been very involved and engaged. He’s even skated very well and has actually shown bursts of speed.

He’s also not on the PP. I think Trotz is bringing him along slowly. He certainly looks like an NHLer.

thegoldenyear

RIP Mike Bossy
May 13, 2013
Toronto
For being 22 and picked at 5OA, that doesn't make him unbust

You're not wrong, and it'll take a lotta work to re-write that narrative.

But he's gone from being unable to crack a Jack Capuano or Doug Weight lineup to 11 third-line minutes for a capable Barry Trotz team. Something good's taken hold. Fingers crossed.

WTG, MDC.

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
But he's gone from being unable to crack a Jack Capuano or Doug Weight lineup to 11 third-line minutes for a capable Barry Trotz team. Something good's taken hold. Fingers crossed.

After his last season in the AHL I thought he was a bust, but even in the AHL he is scoring at a PPG level which is a huge improvement from last season

I've said for awhile that although he may always look like a bad #5 pick he has a chance to carve out a Brett Connolly kind of career

Advanced stats

May 26, 2010
22 lol. It’s amazing in HF hockey world this is considered old. There no such thing as development or giving a guy time anymore.
In this day, it's very rare that a 22 year old top 5 NHL pick, isn't a regular nhler yet

thegoldenyear

RIP Mike Bossy
May 13, 2013
Toronto
After his last season in the AHL I thought he was a bust, but even in the AHL he is scoring at a PPG level which is a huge improvement from last season

I've said for awhile that although he may always look like a bad #5 pick he has a chance to carve out a Brett Connolly kind of career

Today, I'd take that. And y'know, if you're the drafting team and he's still yours, after awhile it feels like a second- or third-round pick that worked out.

He'd be a bust in the context of the prior Snow/Capuano/Weight regime and a solid find for the LL/BT regime. We've all moved on from the former anyway.

clunk

Dec 10, 2015
I'm gonna..
Good for him. Earns a spot with good play in the AHL after many thought he was a bust and comes up and plays well and gets rewarded.

Hope it continues. Some players just develop slower than others.

Islesfan22

Jan 15, 2013
Rockland
Congratulations to Dal Colle. He may never be the thirty goal sniper some predicted when he got drafted but he can carve out a bottom 6 role as he’s stronger and a better skater now.

Reactions: PWJunior
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad