Dal Colle is a bust.

Status
Not open for further replies.

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
well clearly he didn't work hard enough to get a full time gig at the nhl level.

Bellows was one of the isles best players all camp and pre season. Lou wants to see what he has in the vet guys he signed who would other wise have to go through waivers.

Bonzo111

Leafs Fan
Oct 31, 2017
Canaderp
That’s called tough love and that was last year.

What about this part ?

“ I’m excited. The upside of him is outstanding. He worked hard today, he’s been working really hard. We all make mistakes, we all have bad games. It’s how do we respond from those and what do we learn from them“

Lou also said he hasn’t seen any issues from him and still believes in him.
c'mon he's had this knock against him all through junior as well. Get your head out of the sand.

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
Bellows was one of the isles best players all camp and pre season. Lou wants to see what he has in the vet guys he signed who would other wise have to go through waivers.
yup yup and a guy like beauvillier gets a roster spot despite being younger than ho-sang and not being childish.

tony d

Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
Yeah, thought he would have been better than this. Still time for him to have a somewhat decent career but he hasn't lived up yet to being a #1 pick.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Strome and Niederreiter as well.

Those 2 aren’t complete busts like the other 2 but if that’s the best you can do with 4 top 5 picks you can understand why that organization has had problems.
Niederreiter was a great pick at number 5 in that draft.

Reactions: Peanut

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
c'mon he's had this knock against him all through junior as well. Get your head out of the sand.

My heads not in the sand. The kid came up and produced at the nhl level. He’s a high octane offensive player. He has his warts defensively over handles at times but those things can be corrected.

He has a big mouth that a lot of people can’t Handle. Do I wish he would shut up and just play? Absolutely but him being outspoken isn’t illegal.

Thompson, Weight, and Snow were mad at him last year because they sent him down because they said they wanted the team to have more defensive minded guys and play better defensively. Ho-Sang flat out told them after he went down the team sucked on defense. That pissed them off. But Ho-Sang was right.

The kids speed, skill, and vision on the ice are hall what today’s nhl is about.

This is actually a prefect year for him to be on the big club. It’s a transition year. Let him do his thing and let Trotz coach him up the right way. The islanders haven’t had real support staff or coaches to coach and develop these young players.

Bonzo111

Leafs Fan
Oct 31, 2017
Canaderp
My heads not in the sand. The kid came up and produced at the nhl level. He’s a high octane offensive player. He has his warts defensively over handles at times but those things can be corrected.

He has a big mouth that a lot of people can’t Handle. Do I wish he would shut up and just play? Absolutely but him being outspoken isn’t illegal.

Thompson, Weight, and Snow were mad at him last year because they sent him down because they said they wanted the team to have more defensive minded guys and play better defensively. Ho-Sang flat out told them after he went down the team sucked on defense. That pissed them off. But Ho-Sang was right.

The kids speed, skill, and vision on the ice are hall what today’s nhl is about.

This is actually a prefect year for him to be on the big club. It’s a transition year. Let him do his thing and let Trotz coach him up the right way. The islanders haven’t had real support staff or coaches to coach and develop these young players.
Well the other poster said the guy had attitude issues and was immature. Which is true, thats all he was saying and you seem to agree.

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
yup yup and a guy like beauvillier gets a roster spot despite being younger than ho-sang and not being childish.

Beauvillier is and has been a full time NHLer the past 2 years since he was 19. Also, Beauvillier is good defensively and kills penalties. The only thing Beauvillier doesn’t better than Ho-Sang offensively is his shot. Beauvillier has a tremendous shot. Also, Beauvillier was sent to the AHL too last year.

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
Well the other poster said the guy had attitude issues and was immature. Which is true, thats all he was saying and you seem to agree.

I agree to an extent. I don’t agree that he’s a determinant and will be a bust because of it.

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
Beauvillier is and has been a full time NHLer the past 2 years since he was 19. Also, Beauvillier is good defensively and kills penalties. The only thing Beauvillier doesn’t better than Ho-Sang offensively is his shot. Beauvillier has a tremendous shot. Also, Beauvillier was sent to the AHL too last year.
beauvillier wasn't sent down because he had attitude problems and he actually got called back up. can't say the same for josh grow up-sang

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
beauvillier wasn't sent down because he had attitude problems and he actually got called back up. can't say the same for josh grow up-sang

These attitude problems are overblown. He’s outspoken.

Attitude problem would be if he refused to practice or do drills or fonto team meetings or workouts. The kid does all those things and busts his ass. He’s outspoken and people take that as having a bad attitude.

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
These attitude problems are overblown. He’s outspoken.

Attitude problem would be if he refused to practice or do drills or fonto team meetings or workouts. The kid does all those things and busts his ass. He’s outspoken and people take that as having a bad attitude.
well it's clearly plagued him in the past and for a guy that has good ahl production and pretty decent nhl production, its concerning that he isn't making the team

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
@OP

A fresh start doesn't do you well if you don't have talent. In the case of Dal Colle I'm looking over his numbers and I am vastly unimpressed. No offense to the guy but the only change of scenery he seems bound for is another AHL market or Europe. Maybe he gets his NHL gig on a team short in talent but other than that if the light hasn't come on yet now then it seems unlikely that it ever will.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
A great pick? He probably doesn’t go top 15 in a redraft. There was nothing great about it. You don’t want a third liner at #5 despite whatever preconceived notions you may have.

He has averaged over 20 goals and 40 + points a year the last 4 years while being a physical presence. Not sure what teams have those players on the third line but hey sign me up if he is an easy commodity to acquire. He is a top 6 forward on almost every team in the league. He has averaged over 120 hits every full season he has played on top of being positive take away to give away ratio every season of his career. Just one year ago he had 25 goals and 57 points. I have no dog in this fight im not an Islanders or Wild fan. I dont have any preconceived notions just the ability to understand a hockey players value

Reactions: Nitram27

Eric Robson

Jan 5, 2018
That’s called tough love and that was last year.

What about this part ?

“ I’m excited. The upside of him is outstanding. He worked hard today, he’s been working really hard. We all make mistakes, we all have bad games. It’s how do we respond from those and what do we learn from them“

Lou also said he hasn’t seen any issues from him and still believes in him.
I still think Ho Sang has a chance! He's proved in the NHL he can play

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
Strome and Niederreiter as well.

Those 2 aren’t complete busts like the other 2 but if that’s the best you can do with 4 top 5 picks you can understand why that organization has had problems.
Damn, when you look at it like that it is shockingly bad.

For as much grief as the Oilers get on here, the Islanders may deserve more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->