Confirmed with Link: [DAL/CHI] Johnny Oduya [50% Retained] for Mark McNeill, Cond. 2018 4th Round Pick

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Pick is 2018. Condition is Chicago winning two rounds and Oduya playing 50% of their games.

We're retaining 50%, as well.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
So we'll be hoping for an Anaheim-Chicago WCF.

Ew.

OttMorrow

Sep 18, 2003
WAY under what I'd have thought we'd get for Oduya. Oduya for FREE!! haha

Well...The logjam is loosening!! :handclap:

WhoahNow

WhatsApp lead the way
Sep 7, 2011
I feel like the Stars are super loyal to their vets so let them go to teams they want to be traded to.

Also one thing to keep in mind is that since this year's draft is rather weak, a 4th for next year is probably better than a 4th for this year.

OttMorrow

Sep 18, 2003
I really liked the scouting report on Mark McNeill the year he got drafted.

He's got better stats than Gemel Smith in the AHL this year, so perhaps he can give him a run for his money to crack the lower lines next season in Dallas. Both are right-shot centers.

Big, physical, Center...over a PPG and 2 30+ goal seasons in the WHL. I think he was a Captain as well.

I'm pretty happy to have picked him up.

Magic Mittens

Nov 2, 2006
Calgary
I really liked the scouting report on Mark McNeill the year he got drafted.

He's got better stats than Gemel Smith in the AHL this year, so perhaps he can give him a run for his money to crack the lower lines next season in Dallas. Both are right-shot centers.

Big, physical, Center...over a PPG and 2 30+ goal seasons in the WHL. I think he was a Captain as well.

I'm pretty happy to have picked him up.

Agreed... he's a former first round pick

Seems to have fallen off, but maybe he can still have a career as a bottom 6. Hopefully a fresh start in Texas helps

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->