GDT: DAL at CAR

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012
It's not just him. The fact this is getting so many in the stuffy ivory tower of hockey elitism angry enough to discuss it is just gratifying on so many levels. The fact that thread on the main board has turned into a predictable 30 page diatribe on rehashing why so many hockey snobs hate that we have a team is just icing on the cake.

Nothing ever changes. Except now we don't even have to be that good to really piss them off.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
What's funny is all the "negative" press the Canes are getting from their celebration from the old men in hockey is that it's exactly what Dundon and team wants. The team is talked about regularly now. The team is having fun. The team is getting a bit of a chip on their shoulders. The fans are coming back and getting into it as well.

Whether a person likes it or not is irrelevant. It's the atmosphere, press, and results that Dundon wants.

Even Lindy mocking it is a good thing. Fans are becoming more passionate.

Trizz617

Jan 5, 2018
Boston/Quebec
soundcloud.com
What's funny is all the "negative" press the Canes are getting from their celebration from the old men in hockey is that it's exactly what Dundon and team wants. The team is talked about regularly now. The team is having fun. The team is getting a bit of a chip on their shoulders. The fans are coming back and getting into it as well.

Whether a person likes it or not is irrelevant. It's the atmosphere, press, and results that Dundon wants.

Even Lindy mocking it is a good thing. Fans are becoming more passionate.

I agree. What better way to grow the sport, than to inject the fun factor into it.

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
It's not just him. The fact this is getting so many in the stuffy ivory tower of hockey elitism angry enough to discuss it is just gratifying on so many levels. The fact that thread on the main board has turned into a predictable 30 page diatribe on rehashing why so many hockey snobs hate that we have a team is just icing on the cake.

It's starting to remind me a lot of the playoff runs and the whining whenever this team beat the likes of Boston, Edmonton, Toronto, Montreal, New Jersey, and Buffalo.

"I'm not saying you are bad Hockey fans but your city shouldn't have a team".

It also truly amazes me how many of the "move them!" camp have actually never set foot in Raleigh but claim to know all about it because few people wanted to watch a lousy team and/or wouldn't throw jerseys on the ice in protest. Those people can f*** off.

zman77

Oct 1, 2015
Jerks? Not the Hurricanes having fun
By Chip Alexander
February 17, 2019 09:55 AM,

AP_090531022573.jpg

So who’s the jerk here?
The Carolina Hurricanes have attracted a lot of attention with their postgame palooza after wins at PNC Arena. On Friday, after a 3-1 victory over the Edmonton Oilers, Warren Foegele connected on a “walkout homer” off Dougie Hamilton that touched off a wild celebration at “home plate” with his teammates after he touched all the “bases.”
That also touched off a diatribe from Don Cherry, the bombastic one on Hockey Night in Canada and the Craig Sager wanna-be with his fluorescent haberdashery. Cherry, never at a loss for words, called the Canes “jerks” and criticized coach Rod Brind’Amour, who he called a “straight shooter” and captain Justin Williams for letting it go on.
Read more here: Jerks? Not the Hurricanes having fun

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
Can we get Mrs. Hank on the board please? She would give Lempo a hell of a run for board MVP!
Yeah ok this is embarrassing and youse gotta stop this. There's people toiling year in year out, and then some skinny Finnboy waltzes in and suddenly he's supposed to be an MVP.

That kind of stuff just doesn't happen.

Lempo

Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
Jerks? Not the Hurricanes having fun
By Chip Alexander
February 17, 2019 09:55 AM,

AP_090531022573.jpg

So who’s the jerk here?
The Carolina Hurricanes have attracted a lot of attention with their postgame palooza after wins at PNC Arena. On Friday, after a 3-1 victory over the Edmonton Oilers, Warren Foegele connected on a “walkout homer” off Dougie Hamilton that touched off a wild celebration at “home plate” with his teammates after he touched all the “bases.”
That also touched off a diatribe from Don Cherry, the bombastic one on Hockey Night in Canada and the Craig Sager wanna-be with his fluorescent haberdashery. Cherry, never at a loss for words, called the Canes “jerks” and criticized coach Rod Brind’Amour, who he called a “straight shooter” and captain Justin Williams for letting it go on.
Read more here: Jerks? Not the Hurricanes having fun

Yeah Williams should have jerked aside the stupiddiot who initially got the idea from tthe shoulder and tell him it won't do.

My Special Purpose

Apr 8, 2008
Any rental has to fit in speed wise.

Stone is one of the worst skaters in the league

Yeah, Stone would just drag us down. :rolleyes:

Conspiracy theory: Dundon slipped Lindholm $100K on the down-low to mock us. Well played Mr. Dundon. Well played.

I doubt it. One thing Dundon has made clear is that he has no interest in paying Elias Lindholm.

Finlandia WOAT

js7.4x8fnmcf5070124
May 23, 2010
The teams they played from Dec 31 til now have an average record that equates to an 89 point pace. The teams they face in their remaining 23 games have an average record that equates to 93 points

Sure, but 4 of their next 6 games are: Rags @ Home, LA @ Home, and 2 vs. the Panthers in Sunrise. The other 2 are @Dal and St. Louis at home. Their last 4 games of the year are: NJ @ home, @ Tor and a home and home with philly, (including another regular season finale in Philadelphia).

The brutal stretch is really the 13 games in between, but 8 of those are at home.

If they can get to 76 points over the next 6 games, 4-2 or 3-1-2, they then need 20 in 17 to reach 96 for a playoff spot. 9-6-2, 1 game above 500, achieves that. The wild card is the 2 games against Pittsburgh. Gaining a point (reg win and ot/sh win) is massive. And how their schedule shakes out, it's going down to those final 4 games.

Canes have a little bit of wiggle room to hit a rough patch before they need help, but not by much.

Last edited:

Lempo

Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
To be the man you have to beat the man. Don’t look at the schedule. Just handle yo business. Just keep winning.
"You gotta win them all." The patent answer whenever a reporter towards the end of the round robin asks a player whether they would rather face team D than team A in the QF, semi-finals of an intentional tournament.

Wish You Were Here

Mar 14, 2015
Calgary, Alberta
Calgary really did Carolina a solid by defeating Pittsburgh yesterday.
I see it as being sort of a little extra thank you for making Peters, Lindholm, Hanifin, and Ryan available to them.
To their credit, the Hurricanes took advantage of it, beating Dallas to put themselves into a wild card spot.
I hope that they keep it up, I’ve had a soft spot in my heart for Carolina ever since they beat Edmonton for the Stanley Cup in 2006.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->