Confirmed with Link: Dakota goes South: Joshua Traded to Blues for Future Considerations

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
I was going to be angry we couldn't even get a 2020 7th out of this but then I realized we already own the Blues 2020 7th. We need to start to broaden out a little bit if we're going to ever own that entire round

Reactions: Its not your fault

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
I bet you the Blues were just about to offer sheet Marner and these future considerations is just an agreement that they won't do it. Big picture guy here this Dubas :sarcasm:

cookie

Fresh From The Oven
Nov 24, 2009
Oven then stomach
Don't know if Joshua would be considered "good" but the Marlies are severely lacking in center depth and I would think Joshua would have a reasonably easy task of getting to the NHL as a bottom 6C considering he'll have to overtake Brooks, Luchuk, Gauthier, and Engvall. SDA is a couple of years away while Shore and Spezza are basically dice rolls. Petan might show something but he gets knocked off the puck so easily that I don't think Babcock will be playing him down the middle. Feels like Toninato v2.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Don't know if Joshua would be considered "good" but the Marlies are severely lacking in center depth and I would think Joshua would have a reasonably easy task of getting to the NHL as a bottom 6C considering he'll have to overtake Brooks, Luchuk, Gauthier, and Engvall. SDA is a couple of years away while Shore and Spezza are basically dice rolls. Petan might show something but he gets knocked off the puck so easily that I don't think Babcock will be playing him down the middle. Feels like Toninato v2.

Feels like we gave up a guy who played 2 NHL games last year?

Boutette

Been there done that
Sep 28, 2017
I think people are forgetting that Joshua is a *23 YEAR OLD* who's production has declined the past 2 years.

Lacking in Center depth? What? Beyond our deep roster of centers on the leafs (we have what, now at least 4 or 5 proven capable for the bottom 2 positions that might be up for grabs on the Leafs)

And on top of Brooks, Petan, and Engvall there's also Ferguson who have pro experience and are around the same age as Joshua who were all ahead of him in the depth charts and progressed decently last year. And then there's Luchuk, Estephan, Elyniuk and Bradley who are 2 or more years younger than him and also have pro experience now and also have showed promise.

Oh, and the team drafted 4 centers over the past couple years.

I think its time to let go the idea that the Leafs are an org that lacks center depth at any level.

Last edited:
Reactions: Auston 316

Macallan18

Aug 10, 2015
I was going to be angry we couldn't even get a 2020 7th out of this but then I realized we already own the Blues 2020 7th. We need to start to broaden out a little bit if we're going to ever own that entire round
the Blues have given an undertaking to the Leafs to use reasonable best efforts to trade flotsam and jetsam to other teams to secure another 7th round pick for us, as we are trying to corner the market in 2020 7th rounders.
Or who cares?

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
One of the things Dubas has shows is he values asset managment.
We already have the Blues 7th rounder next year. Getting a 6th would be pretty nice.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
One of the things Dubas has shows is he values asset managment.
We already have the Blues 7th rounder next year. Getting a 6th would be pretty nice.

Blues don’t have a 6th this year either.

Probably a pick in 2021, but if the Blues acquire a late pick this year, they can give that to us instead

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Blues don’t have a 6th this year either.

Probably a pick in 2021, but if the Blues acquire a late pick this year, they can give that to us instead
Yeah I found that out on Twitter afterwards. Your right likely a late rounder in 2021.

bluewhiteblue

Mar 11, 2012
I'm interested in how future considerations are determined. I mean, the Leafs can't just call St. Louis one day and say that we want their first round draft pick as the consideration. Are there parameters that define what is and is not in play?

BoredBrandonPridham

Aug 9, 2011
I'm interested in how future considerations are determined. I mean, the Leafs can't just call St. Louis one day and say that we want their first round draft pick as the consideration. Are there parameters that define what is and is not in play?

I always just considered it as some kind of karma or general standing of good faith between 2 clubs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->