Daily Check In - Part Duex

Kitten Mittons

Nov 18, 2007
Got back to lifting and now I binge eat all the time. Weight lifting always spins my appetite out of control. Belly is growing. :(

Captain Bowie

Jan 18, 2012
Really making good ground to make up for last week.

Hit my steps and 30 minutes of activity goals 4 days in a row, lost every day as well. Looking toward a nice challenging hike on the weekend. Just hope I don't mess my calf up again.

I did it! 7 straight days with hitting my goals of 10,000 steps and 30 minutes exercise. Never done that before, feels great really boosts my confidence going forward. Thank god for the nice weather. Did it many different ways too. Mon-Gym, Tues-4KM stroll, Wed-Golf, Thu-Gym, Fri-Walked to a buddy's place, bout 4KM (then had drinks lol), Sat-Walked to Gym, Sun-Hike.

Going for 14 days!!

wingsnut19

Apr 9, 2007
A few days after my last post I got quite sick, so wasn't able to go to the gym for awhile. Got back in again yesterday and man is it ever great to be sore from working out again. Missed the gym for sure. Sucks though because I definitely lost some strength, lost ~10lbs so it'll take a bit of time to get back to where I was. But at least I'm back on the grind.

Captain Bowie

Jan 18, 2012
2 pounds away from my weight starting with a 1 and not a 2. Don't know the last time that was the case but I'd guess over 10 years ago.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Got back to lifting and now I binge eat all the time. Weight lifting always spins my appetite out of control. Belly is growing. :(

I've been an eating machine since getting into a 4-6 day a week routine back in February but I make sure anything I eat fits into my macros and track it using MyFitnessPal.

I'll snack on things like fruit, rice cakes, carrots, yogurt, etc... and now that I've added 30-60 minute cardio sessions (when I'm not doing HIIT) it's really helping define my core and my entire body pretty much.

Wood Stick

Dec 25, 2015
PR'd the other night. Hit 5 sets of 6 reps of 210 lbs on flat bench. Plateaued for longer than I should have.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Went to LA Fitness today to work on back/bis/tris. It was extra ******* today. Weight slamming, not putting weights back, rudeness. I sometimes fear that people won't continue their fitness journey because of attitude like that. If anyone in the gym today was newer or not confident in themselves, there is no way they enjoyed today's workout. :laugh:

KapG

Dec 2, 2008
Toronto
Went to LA Fitness today to work on back/bis/tris. It was extra ******* today. Weight slamming, not putting weights back, rudeness. I sometimes fear that people won't continue their fitness journey because of attitude like that. If anyone in the gym today was newer or not confident in themselves, there is no way they enjoyed today's workout. :laugh:

This is definitely a regular occurrence at my LA lol...

UnrealMachine

Jul 9, 2012
Pittsburgh, USA
Had a rather active weekend:

1. First time rock climbing outdoors!
2. First time on a highline (slackline suspended 70'+ from the ground). I couldn't exactly stand on it, but I got pretty good at falling off of it (we wear harnesses attached to the line).
3. Acro-Yoga + ground-level slacklining on a thinner, longer and slackier one that I tried last year.
4. Decent solo MTB ride.

So yeah, I've added slacklining to the repertoire. Not something that I would devote a day to, but it's a cool accessory thing to do for a few minutes at a time and they are usually around when you do acro or climb.

Captain Bowie

Jan 18, 2012
2 pounds away from my weight starting with a 1 and not a 2. Don't know the last time that was the case but I'd guess over 10 years ago.

10 days later, back at 202 lbs. Got a little off track last weekend and worked my way back down throughout the week.

Got a busy/active long weekend planned hopefully that helps me hit that milestone.

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
Double run day.

8.8 mile run in the AM.
7.3 mile run in the PM.

Average the two out and have about a 9:15 ish pace, when the goal was to stay 80%+ aerobic. No complaints.

UnrealMachine

Jul 9, 2012
Pittsburgh, USA
Rode part of the course I'm racing on in two weeks. Then I had my best indoor climbing session ever. Made it to the top of the lead wall with only 1 catch, which is where I hoped to be like 3 weeks from now (took me 5 catches just last week). Then I climbed a brand new 5.13 route on top-rope (possibly rated too high?) with only 3 catches on my first attempt. I'm positive I'll red-point it next week.

Ozz

Oct 25, 2009
Hockeytown
Lightly fractured my elbow a couple weeks ago during hockey. Lifting was a week off followed by a light week to test it. It's OK to let me lift, but I'm not sure yet as to how heavy. I'm afraid pressing movements are going to stress it and cause some pain. We shall see...

UnrealMachine

Jul 9, 2012
Pittsburgh, USA
Lightly fractured my elbow a couple weeks ago during hockey. Lifting was a week off followed by a light week to test it. It's OK to let me lift, but I'm not sure yet as to how heavy. I'm afraid pressing movements are going to stress it and cause some pain. We shall see...

Damn! Good luck in your recovery. Yeah, I'd probably try to stay off the pressing movements for another week or two. At least keep it very light.

Ozz

Oct 25, 2009
Hockeytown
Damn! Good luck in your recovery. Yeah, I'd probably try to stay off the pressing movements for another week or two. At least keep it very light.

Thanks. I toyed with dumbbells and machines to get a good pump, things were great and I didn't worry about numbers. I'll do that again this week most likely and give it more time to heal.

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
Got back into yoga over the last week, man has that been missed in my routine.

Adonis Creed

King of the East
Apr 13, 2015
Got back into boxing 1st of June.

Broke my thumb in october while sparring...gain 60 pounds...so now at 5.9 255lbs I wanna drop to be in a more healthy state

Did 2 class last week...
Gonna do 4 60minutes essions this week with 1 hours of walking and il go to 5 training sessions in the upcoming week

My eating habits have been better....no more muffins in the morning. I went to the restaurant for bunisess...eat chicken chef salad instead of a Pizza or Club etc...
1/2 bottle of wine by week, no more candy-chocolate- pop etc..

Going to a Beer Festival this week-end... got VIP PASS so i'll be training hard next week.

I'll wieght myself again 7th of July befoire going to Cuba for 1 week.

Changed some habits too...I read more, watch way less tv and just feel better right now. Weight will drop progressivelly.

Captain Bowie

Jan 18, 2012
Went for a pretty intense hike today, about 4km one way but very steep for much of it, site says 650m of elevation gain (2100+ ft for my friends to the south).

totals right now according to my fitbit:

25000+ steps
19+ KM's
261 mins. of "activity"
236 "floors" ascended

All personal records for me since wearing this thing. Think I'm gonna sleep well tonight.

wingsnut19

Apr 9, 2007
Haven't been able to go to the gym because of ongoing health issues. I have surgery this week Thursday, and hopefully a couple weeks after that I'll be able to get to it. I'll have to get cleared by my doctor to lift heavy again, and I know it's going to be tough for awhile, but I'm getting anxious to get back at it. Gotta get back to hitting PRs.

Hasn't been a post in here for awhile. Hope you've all been working hard and enjoying it.

UnrealMachine

Jul 9, 2012
Pittsburgh, USA
I was at acro-fest in NYC all weekend. 4x1:45 classes on Saturday & Sunday. My body is completely destroyed now. Head to toe, but especially my shoulders. Next time I'm bringing ibuprofen!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->