Lafreniere
Hughes

StatisticsAddict99

Feb 24, 2017
As a Jets fan I’d have to say Hughes,

Connor Scheifele Wheeler
Perreault Little Roslovic
Ehlers Hughes Laine

Getting the closest thing(prospect) you could get to McDavid you could find as a Center in the Jets lineup would put them over the top..

My evaluation of these guys is somewhere along these lines.

Dahlin: Generational(let’s face it if your the best defensive prospect in the past twenty what year you should deserve that tag IMO) Defensmen, no flaws and Elite in every asset of the game.

Potentially as good or maybe better than Lidstrom....

Hughes: Not quite Generational, but the nearest thing to it(has the potential to even be the 2nd best Center of his era and rival McDavid).

Potential wise, Patrick Kane at Center with more potential(think Malkin/Thornton level guy but obviously a different game and a smaller frame).

I have not been able to see Lafreniere but I heard he’s got massive potential and is good at everything, his only flaw is he plays wing...

Last edited:

c3z4r

Jul 4, 2011
in the world
If Lafreniere continues showing improvements in his game and continues dominating the Q, he'll be somewhere in-between Crosby/McDavid and Matthews in terms of levels of hype imo.

Despite being 16 years old, he's already playing at a level that'd warrant being a top 3-5 draft pick in this year's draft, can't even imagine how he'd be talked about if he continues improving.

I'd definitely want Lafreniere out of the 3 for the Habs. They could even try to mimic Toronto's rebuild: gutting the team and going into a full rebuild, drafting a Marner and Nylander before finishing things off with Lafreniere.

Last edited:
Reactions: Howe Elbows 9

TheGoldenJet

Apr 2, 2008
Coquitlam, BC
Dahlin:

Easy there, tiger. Lidstrom was pretty good at hockey.

Malkin/Thornton level guy

Small correction but the two are not on the same level. Malkin is one of the Big 3 players of his generation. Thornton was never regarded as being on that level, outside of his career year.

Reactions: Kreator

Dion TheFluff

Jun 22, 2015
I think Hughes has the highest ceiling but you couldn't go wrong with any 3 of them and could almost pick them based of off positional need (which would be Dahlin for my Leafs)

Cotton

May 13, 2013
Probably Dahlin now because the Leafs could use him, but Lafreniere has the biggest upside of the three.

I'd be tempted to wait, but having a RD like Dahlin now would be huge.

Lebowski

El Duderino
Dec 5, 2010
I wonder if anyone on this board has had enough viewings of each of these three guys to actually have a legitimate opinion on the matter.

Reactions: dim jim

StatisticsAddict99

Feb 24, 2017
Easy there, tiger. Lidstrom was pretty good at hockey.

I’m saying potential wise, Lidrstron was one of the best well round defenders of all time but I believe Dahlin could be too Lidtrsom what McDavid is to Crosby.

Small correction but the two are not on the same level. Malkin is one of the Big 3 players of his generation. Thornton was never regarded as being on that level, outside of his career year.

I know that as well but I’m just saying he could be somewhere inbetween those levels...

Damisoph

Jun 29, 2010
Dahlin: Generational(let’s face it if your the best defensive prospect in the past twenty what year you should deserve that tag IMO) Defensmen, no flaws and Elite in every asset of the game.

dang, pump the brakes there a bit.

StatisticsAddict99

Feb 24, 2017
dang, pump the brakes there a bit.

Everybody has the potential to be the best of all time(potential is physically infinite), obviously that’s unrealistic for any player not named Gretzky... I am not expecting him to be a better than Lidstrom but it wouldn’t be so surprising to me if he ended up being the best defender of his era.

teravaineSAROS

Jul 29, 2015
As a Jets fan I’d have to say Hughes,

Connor Scheifele Wheeler
Perreault Little Roslovic
Ehlers Hughes Laine

Getting the closest thing(prospect) you could get to McDavid you could find as a Center in the Jets lineup would put them over the top..

My evaluation of these guys is somewhere along these lines.

Hughes: Not quite Generational, but the nearest thing to it(has the potential to even be the 2nd best Center of his era and rival McDavid).

Potential wise, Patrick Kane at Center with more potential(think Malkin/Thornton level guy but obviously a different game and a smaller frame).

I have not been able to see Lafreniere but I heard he’s got massive potential and is good at everything, his only flaw is he plays wing...

the Jets have too many good forwards, why add another one??

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->