Dahlin vs Heiskanen

Who is better?

• Dahlin

• Heiskanen

Results are only viewable after voting.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Who is better now? Who is better in the future? What are we talking here and do we really need this poll again?

Tage2Tuch

Because TheJackAttack is in Black
May 10, 2004
CAN
Dahlin has had collision of the game the last two games I didn’t even know he hit so well.

He’s been silently good.

Him and Hutton really make that back-end a lot better.

Narow

Nov 11, 2016
Dahlin has had collision of the game the last two games I didn’t even know he hit so well.

He’s been silently good.

Him and Hutton really make that back-end a lot better.

How is he looking so far in generall?

Did you catch any games from heiskanen so far?

ookhaab

Jun 8, 2016
I see Heiskanen plays today and Dahlin doesnt so if we hold this Poll again then, Heiskanen will probably win again.:popcorn:

ookhaab

Jun 8, 2016
Keep telling yourself that. The reason he’s losing this poll is because the question is phrased differently.

Well my main point was HFBoards polls being different every poll and relying heavily to recency bias, but since you are so goddamn hostile, why is it absolutely impossible for Heiskanen to be better than Dahlin right now?

He is older and absolutely demolished FEL. Dahlin is still the better prospect, no one is denying that, or should, at least.

Also, you can include what exactly makes Dahlin the better player right now, which should be easy and very clear, I suppose.

Reactions: EK47

Howie Hodge

Zombie Woof
Sep 16, 2017
Buffalo, NY
giphy.gif

thelittlecoon

ELIAS PETTERSSON
Jun 19, 2017
Vancouver
Well my main point was HFBoards polls being different every poll and relying heavily to recency bias, but since you are so goddamn hostile, why is it absolutely impossible for Heiskanen to be better than Dahlin right now?

He is older and absolutely demolished FEL. Dahlin is still the better prospect, no one is denying that, or should, at least.

Also, you can include what exactly makes Dahlin the better player right now, which should be easy and very clear, I suppose.
I think Heiskanen is the better player right now and maybe in the future too. I'm just saying don't expect the poll results to change unless it's worded differently. Dahlin's potential is higher so most people are going to say he's better.

Albus Dumbledore

Master of Death
Mar 28, 2015

Gonna interject. I've been watching both. Heisk is better in the shorterm for sure. He looks great out there. Skates well confident, plays above his age for sure. I've been very surprised.

Dahlin is very up and down. Will look great in stretches then awful. I've seen him make multiple bad plays on the same shift. But the talent is there not doubt. He needs to be more confident.

I'm a leafs fan who has seen dahlin play a couple of games. Have seen a fair bit less of heisk but we play the stars tonight so my eyes out for him.

Narow

Nov 11, 2016
Gonna interject. I've been watching both. Heisk is better in the shorterm for sure. He looks great out there. Skates well confident, plays above his age for sure. I've been very surprised.

Dahlin is very up and down. Will look great in stretches then awful. I've seen him make multiple bad plays on the same shift. But the talent is there not doubt. He needs to be more confident.

I'm a leafs fan who has seen dahlin play a couple of games. Have seen a fair bit less of heisk but we play the stars tonight so my eyes out for him.

Nice assesment thank you. Wish i could catch tonights game to see fpr myself how he does. He will likely go up against matthews / tavares could be interesting.

Dessert Nights

Back in Form
Nov 22, 2016
Finland
Dahlin to Heiskanen is what McDavid is to Eichel / Matthews. So similar gap between them (and I'm not saying Dahlin will be McDavid level talent, just using them for comparison).

Reactions: teravaineSAROS

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Dahlin having played 3 NHL games and Heiskanen 2, now certainly seems like the best time to make this assessment.

Can't wait for the new thread after they've played four games.

It'll happen for probably every game this season as well. Oof

Just wait until one of them has 1 bad game. Then it will really go crazy

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Nice assesment thank you. Wish i could catch tonights game to see fpr myself how he does. He will likely go up against matthews / tavares could be interesting.

Yeah he will for sure be going up against one of those guys. Last game it was up against Laine and occasionally the Scheifele line. They tried to throw him out against the 2nd line, but I'm wondering which line they will consider as the "2nd line" for the Leafs lol

Tage2Tuch

Because TheJackAttack is in Black
May 10, 2004
CAN

Truthfully no.

It’s funny because I catch so many games I have centerice so I will catch a lot this year, I’ve watched all the leafs and canucks I’ve watched obviously all of buffalo and a couple other teams but no I haven’t even seen one Dallas game yet but I stay close to what Dallas has done I see they’ve done great defensively and I watch a guy on YouTube who is a huge Dallas fan so I hear about it and I’ve watched all Dallas highlights.

I am going to watch Dallas and the leafs today.

And as for how Rasmus Dahlin has looked? Solid but there’s two ways of looking at this.

On one hand considering the hype has be been tearing the league up? No but entering a team as as 18 year old on a team that bot only was last but not tremendous defensively it’s tough, including playing against great guys on the little ice surface getting used to it still. He played almost 23 minutes in his first game and you see glimpses of a star in the masking. A superstar actually.

He’s been sound, very solid. Rob ray the colour guy has pointed out five plays or so a game he’s done well.

His confidence is sky high when he makes plays he is hot afraid to jump up into the play or get physical as I said he had two great hits in the last two games and his passing and vision has been great. He’s made smart moves in his breakout passes and has won one on one battles on the boards and elsewhere.

A couple mistakes here and there but he’s also had a couple glorious scoring chances.

Hasn’t been Pettersen yet but he’s been very sound and the fact buffalo is 2-1 and has not allowed tons of goals like before says good things even though it’s early.

That’s my early three game take on dahlin hope that helps.

Arselona

Nov 9, 2007
I think Heiskanen is further in his development. Dahlin will score more most likely and is super talented but it will take some time for him to get adjusted. Heiskanen has a cerebral element to his game which is very intriguing.

ijuka

May 14, 2016
Dahlin is bigger, stronger and more physical. Heiskanen is the better skater(And this will not change even after Dahlin develops a little, I believe), Heiskanen has a better shot. Heiskanen has better defensive ability. Does Dahlin have better vision / passing? He might. Is that enough to make up for the defensive game, skating and shot? Not for me.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->