Dahlin versus Heiskanen

Who will have better rookie season Rasmus Dahlin or Miro Heiskanen?

• Dahlin

• Heiskanen

Results are only viewable after voting.

ijuka

May 14, 2016
I think I'd take Heiskanen over Dahlin anyway so Heiskanen.

Cotton

May 13, 2013
Said it all along that i have a feeling Heiskanen will be better than Dahlin

Wouldnt of believed it based on hype.

But yeah, Dahlin has looked like pure ass, and not even close to generational.

He could have a super quick development over the year, but at this point it's not really close, Heiskanen is better.

Noodletoro

Sponsor
Aug 23, 2003
Fort Worth, TX
Heiskanen is a year older and is playing on a a better team. Even if Dahlin is the better player long term I think that is a strong advantage when just comparing rookie years so I choose Heiskanen. His skating and hockey sense is ridiculous.

Aladyyn

they praying for the death of a rockstar
Apr 6, 2015
Czech Republic
Wouldnt of believed it based on hype.

But yeah, Dahlin has looked like pure ass, and not even close to generational.

He could have a super quick development over the year, but at this point it's not really close, Heiskanen is better.
Not cool to insult people's looks, man...

MrHeiskanen

Nov 12, 2017
Offensively, Dahlin

Defensively, Heiskanen

Overall impact on the game, Heiskanen

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Heiskanen’s a safer bet for better rookie season.

Long term, Dahlin probably takes him out, but these two ahould both be elite defensemen for the next decade plus.

Binister

Generational User
Feb 7, 2017
Well the amount of hype Dahlin has gotten I believe that Miro will surprise.

Mulletman

Feb 23, 2013
Offensively, Dahlin

Defensively, Heiskanen

Overall impact on the game, Heiskanen
Well lets see if Heiskanen can do something about the "Laine problem" the Stars have had over the last 2 years. 9 games and 14 goals for Laine. This needs to stop if the Stars are planning on making an impact during Laine's time in the League...

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
I think Dahlin will put up more points (he's on the first PP unit right?)

I think Heiskanen's overall game will be better. Not surprising though considering Dahlin is 18 years old. I still think Dahlin has a better chance at the Calder even if Heiskanen has a better season (hype, reputation, etc)

Both will have their ups and downs, and I think Heiskanen could have a tough game when he faces Laine and the Jets come saturday. Especially if he plays 20+ minutes. Won't be easy at all

buffalosabrebills

Aug 31, 2018
Buffalo
I think Dahlin will put up more points (he's on the first PP unit right?)

I think Heiskanen's overall game will be better. Not surprising though considering Dahlin is 18 years old. I still think Dahlin has a better chance at the Calder even if Heiskanen has a better season (hype, reputation, etc)

Both will have their ups and downs, and I think Heiskanen could have a tough game when he faces Laine and the Jets come saturday. Especially if he plays 20+ minutes. Won't be easy at all
Nope he's on the 2nd unit. Will be hard-pressed to take Risto's spot.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Nope he's on the 2nd unit. Will be hard-pressed to take Risto's spot.

Man really? Guess both Heiskanen and Dahlin will have to deal with just being on the 2nd unit for the time being lol. By the end of the year I bet theyve both seen at least some first PP unit time though. They're too good to keep down like that and eventually the 1st unit will struggle enough

buffalosabrebills

Aug 31, 2018
Buffalo
He just needs to take Okposo's on the right half wall. It would leave the second unit barren but we've got to score somehow.
Did he play that spot on Frolunda's power play at all? I think he's better suited to QB the PP from the point but putting him on the 1st unit alongside Ristolainen might work well.

Prntscrn

Sep 29, 2011
Sweden
Dahlin already is a better player (Heiskanen is great though) and will be in the future aswell. What Heiskanen might have is a better situationen and team in Dallas that might help him a little, but I still think Dahlin will have a better rookie season.

I don't think people outside of Sweden (and maybe Buffalo) have realised what a special talent Dahlin is yet, but they will.

Reactions: felixpettersson

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Dahlin already is a better player (Heiskanen is great though) and will be in the future aswell. What Heiskanen might have is a better situationen and team in Dallas that might help him a little, but I still think Dahlin will have a better rookie season.

I don't think people outside of Sweden (and maybe Buffalo) have realised what a special talent Dahlin is yet, but they will.

I think the last part goes better with Heiskanen at HF.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->