Dahlin/Mittlestadt vs. Hughes/Pettersson

Dahlin/Mittelstadt vs. Hughes/Pettersson

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
Mittlestadt was the MVP in a U20 tournament.

If you think the U20 WJCs is on a higher level than SHL... I'm assuming you think half the players on the Swedish U20 team are dominating the SHL as well :laugh:

The problem is how many people arguing here watched Petterson in the SHL? Or Mittelstadt in the NCAA? I'm guessing the number of people who've watched both in their respective leagues for more than 1 game apiece in this thread is could be counted on one hand.

Numbers are nice, but reading a stat line doesn't make you a scout. The WJCs are likely the only real opportunity most posters have had to watch both.

bukwas

Stanley Cup 2022
Sep 27, 2017
I think Dahlin will be the best of the group so they get my vote.

lawrence

May 19, 2012
We'll see who does better then.

Mittlestadt was the MVP of the best tournament for the best of the best. Not just random EUropean players playing in a league and got 5 pts in 6 NHL games on a team that scored 198 goals.

Pettersen hasn't played a game yet,.

Don't be so sure.

I think the group is close enough that the Buffalo Duo will get votes, that's fine, but to use the WJC as a measuring tool is outright fail, as I've seen many prospects play like a MVP in that tournament only to do nothing in the respected Careers, and holds nothing on future success.

Grub

First Line Troll
Jun 30, 2008
B.C
Hard to not pick Dahlin considering he is touted to be a generational talent.

teravaineSAROS

Jul 29, 2015
The problem is how many people arguing here watched Petterson in the SHL? Or Mittelstadt in the NCAA? I'm guessing the number of people who've watched both in their respective leagues for more than 1 game apiece in this thread is could be counted on one hand.

Numbers are nice, but reading a stat line doesn't make you a scout. The WJCs are likely the only real opportunity most posters have had to watch both.

That has nothing to do with what I posted. My sole argument is about him saying Mittlestadt won an MVP against higher competition than Pettersson's faced in the SHL, doesn't mean I'm taking a stance on who projects to be better.

Edit: also yea I agree with you I bet nobody here has seen both play 10+ games in each league

lawrence

May 19, 2012
I think the group is close enough that the Buffalo Duo will get votes, that's fine, but to use the WJC as a measuring tool is outright fail, as I've seen many prospects play like a MVP in that tournament only to do nothing in the respected Careers, and holds nothing on future success.

Miro Heiskanen, Brock Boeser, Bo Horvat, among guys that didn't do that well at the WJC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->