Dahlin is generational.

BlueBaron

May 29, 2006
Sarnia, On
He's going to be soon, that's for sure. Probably within 3 years at the most.

If he's the best D prospect in at least two generations (since 1973 according to Button), and still not even close to being a "generational" talent, it just reaffirms that Orr was the only "generational" D.
I'm not sure you know what "for sure" means.

We'll see.

BlueBaron

May 29, 2006
Sarnia, On
I hope that "moment of clarity" for those Sabres fans is offset by the realization that they will have Dahlin to enjoy for the next several years. Dude is a beaut.
He sure is. I do not understand this illness of your guy having to be declared better than everyone to enjoy them.

Mattilaus

Sep 12, 2014
Beyond the Wall
He sure is. I do not understand this illness of your guy having to be declared better than everyone to enjoy them.

Might want to look at your own fan base before criticizing other fan bases based on the ramblings of a very small minority of crazy people. If you were objective at all you would know the large majority of Sabres fans never labeled Dahlin as generational. This thread was started by a leaf fan.

BlueBaron

May 29, 2006
Sarnia, On
Might want to look at your own fan base before criticizing other fan bases based on the ramblings of a very small minority of crazy people. If you were objective at all you would know the large majority of Sabres fans never labeled Dahlin as generational. This thread was started by a leaf fan.
I did not identify any particular group yet you singled out mine. Delicious HF irony.

wshahbaz

Dec 15, 2010
how come in every single sabres thread its 20+ pages of Leafs fans spewing garbage out of their mouths ?

Reactions: Fearnot

John Eichel da GOAT

Oct 7, 2008
He will be very good, but so far he looks average at best defensively and will likely be more like a Tyson Barrie type player his career if I had to guess. Still amazing, but he isn't the second coming of BO.

avsfan09

Dec 17, 2010
Nova Scotia
He will be very good, but so far he looks average at best defensively and will likely be more like a Tyson Barrie type player his career if I had to guess. Still amazing, but he isn't the second coming of BO.
Barrie is a horrible comp. Hes been in the league for years and makes these mistakes. Dahlin is a rookie. Barrie is elite offensively but I actually think Dahlin will be better.

Reactions: Ana Crusis

Aavvaa

Jul 2, 2018
IhWQ8Uw1JOQgM
This is so absurd.

Barrie is a top 4 D-man, Dahlin is already better.
IhWQ8Uw1JOQgM

IhWQ8Uw1JOQgM[\IMG]

BowieSabresFan

Nov 18, 2010

He makes the occasional rookie mistake, but he's been much, much better than average defensively so far this year, and he's only 18.

And your guess is going to be very far off.

Reactions: Slimmy

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017

Why Tyson Barrie lol.

If anything he's like John Klingberg with the creativeness, skating, hands, and sometimes questionable/risky defensive decisions

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
Do people that are underestimating Dahlin realize that he’s only 18/19? When I watch Buffalo games he isn’t making any defensively and stands out offensively. It’s going to be scary how good he will be at 25.

Rentsi

Jan 15, 2014
5 points in the last 2 games...
I wanted to see a glimpse of this future superstar and watched replays of those 5 goals and I have to say I wasn't impressed. What is he like defensively? Does he play 1d and pk already?

On the other hand Eichel looks really good.

Quiet Jack

Mar 24, 2017
I wanted to see a glimpse of this future superstar and watched replays of those 5 goals and I have to say I wasn't impressed. What is he like defensively? Does he play 1d and pk already?

On the other hand Eichel looks really good.
His 5 points last two games have been primarily because he's been on the ice when Eichel also happened to be on the ice.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad