TBN: Dahlin finding his groove on both sides of puck for Sabres

Buffaloed

webmaster
Feb 27, 2002
Niagara Falls
Rasmus Dahlin finding his groove on both sides of puck for Sabres
Over the last three games, Dahlin is running a 64.3% overall Corsi and a 60.5% rate at 5-on-5, both of which lead the club. He's been over 50% for four straight, including a 65.4 mark at 5-on-5 Feb. 1 against Columbus and a 73% clip Sunday against Anaheim.
As impressive as those figures are, it's without the puck that Dahlin is also making big strides. The 19-year-old is in better position defensively and using the wall more to keep onrushing opponents to the outside.
"We really like technically how he's attacking his one-on-ones right now and playing without the puck, which needs to happen for a defenseman of that caliber," coach Ralph Krueger said Wednesday. "And with it, he's just finding a really good balance."

Krueger likes the way he's been playing. He says he's calmer and more patient.

Dahlin jokes about the Swedish connection:
"The Swedish connection. I feel when there's a Swedish guy around me. I came with a lot of speed there. I saw him coming behind me and he screamed for it and I just gave it to him."

There's no longer any limits on the number of free articles at BN.

Fezzy126

Rebuilding...
May 10, 2017
I think Dahlin has been much improved since coming back from injury, but I find Mike's little sample size example a bit odd. Over the last 3 games the Sabres played against 3 of the worst teams in the league; Detroit, Anaheim, and the Rangers. In those games Dahlin posted an xGF% of 25, 71, and 20. Not exactly lighting the world on fire, and his 71% against Anaheim was certainly boosted by score effects (along with all his other metrics).

Even when I want to like an article by Mike, I just can't do it...

Buffaloed

webmaster
Feb 27, 2002
Niagara Falls
I think Dahlin has been much improved since coming back from injury, but I find Mike's little sample size example a bit odd. Over the last 3 games the Sabres played against 3 of the worst teams in the league; Detroit, Anaheim, and the Rangers. In those games Dahlin posted an xGF% of 25, 71, and 20. Not exactly lighting the world on fire, and his 71% against Anaheim was certainly boosted by score effects (along with all his other metrics).

Even when I want to like an article by Mike, I just can't do it...
I liked the quotes from Dahlin and Krueger.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad