Prospect Info: Daemon Hunt, Defenceman, 65th Overall

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
the dramatics wow

What was his reason for throwing a rookie's first win puck over the glass? That's being a dick.

As for where he was drafted, seems about appropriate. I think some were saying around the mid-to-late 2nd to early 3rd. Doesn't have anything that seems to stand out. Provides depth on the left side where the Wild were weak. Not bad, but not great.

HotDish

Win it for Hynes
Aug 17, 2020
The State of Hockey
Sean Avery was a dick, Todd Bertuzzi was a dick. Do we really want one of those guys on this team?

Now, provided he learned from this and doesn't have any more of these dickish moves again, that's fine.
Idk about Avery, but from everything I've heard teammates loved Bertuzzi and many felt like he took heat off their backs since everyone focused on Todd all game.

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
What was his reason for throwing a rookie's first win puck over the glass? That's being a dick.

As for where he was drafted, seems about appropriate. I think some were saying around the mid-to-late 2nd to early 3rd. Doesn't have anything that seems to stand out. Provides depth on the left side where the Wild were weak. Not bad, but not great.

I'm guessing he threw it because he was pissed his team lost the game. Shows passion.

IHaveNoCreativity

May 5, 2012
Somewhere in Quebec.
Sounds like a guy who allowed because of injury. The Wild’s scouting has been good for awhile with post 2nd round picks and adding Brackett is huge. He won’t hit all of them but I do trust him.

I had hoped for Poirier, but we could still get Beliveau or Villeneuve.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Sounds like a guy who allowed because of injury. The Wild’s scouting has been good for awhile with post 2nd round picks and adding Brackett is huge. He won’t hit all of them but I do trust him.

I had hoped for Poirier, but we could still get Beliveau or Villeneuve.

Can I ask why? LD that can't play any defense whatsoever doesn't seem like good value.

IHaveNoCreativity

May 5, 2012
Somewhere in Quebec.
Can I ask why? LD that can't play any defense whatsoever doesn't seem like good value.
I coached in the area where he grew up, so I’ve seen him a few times.

He played Midget at 14, here in Quebec it’s not very common and these kids tend to get some hype. I’ve coached 3 guys who have done that and none went first in their respective Q draft...

side not Lafreniere wasn’t in midget at 14, and 2 other forwards his age were...

anyways, these kids tend to get really really hyped up especially here in Quebec because we’re desperate for the next super start Quebec player.

I think Poirier is a guy who got a lot of heat and exposure and some that is undue. He’s been on the radar here for a while and it’s just life. Because of the early hype, I feel like he’s gotten more hate than he should have.

If Poirier was a F he’s a first round talent, he can fly, he can move the puck, he’s got great offensive awareness. He can shoot it, he’s shifty.

At worst he’s a 7th D in my opinion, I do believe you can work to improve a players defensive game, and his awareness. The kid needs time, both in Major Junior and in the AHL. You can’t teach talent, he has that. I think he’s defensive issues are a little overblown, but I just really believe he will play in the nhl and be good.

Brent burns took a long time to arrive but man when he did.... yes his D game was never the best.

Reactions: Hamms Mann
Apr 4, 2015
Minneapolis
I don't; seems like a bully. Not the type of player I really want on this team. There is a line between competitiveness and being a Sean Avery-type
Nothing wrong with being a bully on the ice. This is a mans game, can't be out there feeling sorry for people or you'll never win, it's a business too. I'm all for drafting guys that have that sort of hungry dog in them. Him and Rossi both have that

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad