Prospect Info: Daemon Hunt, Defenceman, 65th Overall

IceColdOx

Jan 29, 2019
Watertown, NY
Drafted 15th overall in the 2017 WHL Bantam Draft, defenceman Daemon Hunt scored seven goals and 20 points as a WHL rookie. Hunt played for Team Canada Black at the 2018 Under-17 World Hockey Challenge. In five tournament games, he scored two assists. He also made it onto Team Canada as an underage player at last year’s IIHF Under-18 World Championships putting up one assist in seven games. He also played in this summer’s Hlinka-Gretzky Cup, helping Team Canada to a silver medal.

Named an alternate captain for the Moose Jaw Warriors prior to the season, Hunt’s draft year did not go as he would have hoped. In early December, a freak accident in a game against the Edmonton Oil Kings saw Hunt get hit in the arm by a skate, leaving a deep laceration. He missed three months of action. When Hunt finally returned, he played just a handful of games before the season was cancelled. The lack of time on the ice this year has likely caused Hunt to fall down draft rankings. Overall he put up 15 assists in 28 games for the rebuilding Warriors, including four points in the five games after his return.

Daemon Hunt Scouting Report: 2020 NHL Draft #73

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
I don't; seems like a bully. Not the type of player I really want on this team. There is a line between competitiveness and being a Sean Avery-type

Yeah there is. And Hunt crossed it. Love it.

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
I don't know if this makes him a bully....might make him a dick. But that's ok....

Sean Avery was a dick, Todd Bertuzzi was a dick. Do we really want one of those guys on this team?

Now, provided he learned from this and doesn't have any more of these dickish moves again, that's fine.

AJ Thelen

Nov 19, 2010
Pontypandy
Brackett knows his shit, and if he turns out being a Khovanov type of prospect were he is underrated because of injury this might turn out to be a good choice.

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
Favorite pick of the draft
Lol, I didn’t sit cross-cross applesauce for 24 hours to summon Rossi with the 9th overall pick for people to like this hunt guy. In all seriousness, you can see that Guerin is going for competitors and skill. I really like the direction and the type of players we’re after lately.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad