Value of: Dadonov to Columbus

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
Well, it looks like the Panthers should think more about future, than present. Dadonov is 30 next year, and I think, he can bring a nice return right now.

Columbus looks like a natural destination for him. The team can reunite Panarin and Dadonov on the 1st line, move Atkinson to the 2nd one to spread scoring, and increase chances Panarin will resign. Next year, when they get Gavrikov, it's gonna be a nice Russian colony on the team.

I think, Columbus can trade picks and/or prospects. Like Liam Foudy, for example. And good goalie prospect Tarasov.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Well, it looks like the Panthers should think more about future, than present. Dadonov is 30 next year, and I think, he can bring a nice return right now.

Columbus looks like a natural destination for him. The team can reunite Panarin and Dadonov on the 1st line, move Atkinson to the 2nd one to spread scoring, and increase chances Panarin will resign. Next year, when they get Gavrikov, it's gonna be a nice Russian colony on the team.

I think, Columbus can trade picks and/or prospects. Like Liam Foudy, for example. And good goalie prospect Tarasov.
I would not want to trade Foudy; we need to keep or at least upgrade what centers we have. And while Dadonov would be welcome, we don't exactly have that pressing of a need for another RW.

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth
hmmm news to me...funny that reports say Panarin's agent is meeting with Columbus about a contract possibility next month...
Every pending UFA will hear their current team out. I'd like to see Panarin stay in Columbus but those reports earlier this year certainly make it sound like he wants to go back to Chicago(if possible) or to another big market. I think he tests free agency, just a gut feeling.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
Every pending UFA will hear their current team out. I'd like to see Panarin stay in Columbus but those reports earlier this year certainly make it sound like he wants to go back to Chicago(if possible) or to another big market. I think he tests free agency, just a gut feeling.

In the earlier reports Artemi wasn't willing to even hear an offer from Columbus. Now he wants to hear from them. That's huge, and it might just be the biggest obstacle to overcome, because Columbus will pay him $11m per no problem. He won't be disappointed in the money.

This Dadonov discussion is something you'd have to bring up with Panarin/Milstein to see if it could coincide with Artemi staying in Columbus.

Laus723

Paradise hockey
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2006
Wellington, FL
Dads isn’t going anywhere. Trade away a great goal scorer who has chemistry with everyone in top 6? That’s dumb. He’s part of whatever solution they’re looking for, not part of the issue that needs repairing.

Reactions: PoppaDawg and 780il

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
There wasnt anything pointing to CHI outside of CHI saying they wanted him ans he said he wouldnt rule it out. The situation is that he wanted hos chance to test the market because hebl was upset what happened with CHI when he signed cheaper to stay there and showed loyalty to be moved soon after because they would have to pay him after and they were in a cap situation. So Panarin only having been in Columbus 1 year wasnt sure what he thought of the team and city because he was burnt before. So he said I wont talk signing until the end of the year. BUT to be fair to the CBJ he said if they were afraid to lose him for nothing he would consider some sign and trade situations. But that was more of a to make columbus feel secure situation then a im out do what you can situation. Since the season has gone on Bread has only gotten closer with teammates and it seems his ties to the community are getting closer because he changed his mind about talking contracts. You said everyone willbtalk contracts during the year Bread outright said he would not talk to anyone about a contract after training camp started he wanted a clear mind for the season.

This suggests that while it isnt known whether he will stay or not... Columbus is certainly in play.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad