Rumor: Dadonov leaning towards staying in Florida

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
Just to follow up what is being discussed in here already Wennberg isnt a 2c... He had 1 good year. Good passer. Great D. Will not shoot regardless of open or not. I saw someone say better Trocheck and that's a no. I know he hasnt been the same since his injury but neither has wennberg.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Florida doesn't have an internal cap, if they re-sign Dadonov they are probably only going to have roughly 5M in cap space and still have to re-sign Weegar. You see no reason for Barkov to stay but you don't know anything about Barkov. He likes it in Florida and he doesn't like the spotlight. Sorry but the Rangers are the last team he'd go to.

Capfriendly has us at something like $39 mil in cap space the year Barkov is due. Even subtract 12-15mil for RFAs like Tippett/Denisenko, which leaves 24mil at worst...

Cap could go up another mil or two in 2 years too.

Good luck to all the other GMs bidding against us :laugh:

Do you think Zitos wife put up a fight over Bill putting up his Barkov poster above the bed?

Reactions: Dread Clawz

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
I think its wild how little we are hearing about who the top availablen forwards are even really talking to. Hall, Toffoli, Hoffman, and we now finally have something for Dadonov. Is kinda wild to me.

Have to think the flat cap is creating some additional wariness for these teams in signing these sort of older/UFA wingers to the sort of deals that they would in an ordinary year. So i'd wonder if there are some of them that do end up taking a shorter/1-year deal and hoping the market comes back for them next year. And if that might be kinda gridlocking the whole process.

Just right now, hardly anyone actually has the cap space to do those sort of deals.

FinlandPanther

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 16, 2009
Florida
Just to follow up what is being discussed in here already Wennberg isnt a 2c... He had 1 good year. Good passer. Great D. Will not shoot regardless of open or not. I saw someone say better Trocheck and that's a no. I know he hasnt been the same since his injury but neither has wennberg.
The difference is trocheck is an abyss defensively, wennberg isn’t. That’s a win for Florida who was attrocious defensively.

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania

Eh, Wennberg is better than Trocheck. Tro is so bad defensively that he probably gives up more points than the marginal difference in their totals. Plus we can use Wennberg on pk.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad